Real Madrid 'closing in on Eden Hazard and Paul Pogba' as Gareth Bale nears exit
Real Madrid are turning the screw as they look to sign Eden Hazard and Paul Pogba.
They will raid the Premier League for two of its biggest stars in June as returning boss Zinedine Zidane completely overhauls his under-performing squad.
Madrid are ready to spend big to make the club great again after a season which has seen their crown slip.
The Spaniards have upped their opening £85million offer to Chelsea for Hazard, The Sun report.
They are also keen to get Pogba to the club as quickly as possible after Manchester United accepted they may have to cut their losses on the inconsistent Frenchman.
It comes after reports that Zidane has told the Real board that he doesn't want Gareth Bale at the Bernabéu next season.
Chelsea will sell Hazard but want nearer £100m for the Belgian star.
It is thought middle ground between £90m-£92m may be enough for a deal to be done.
The Blues are ready to return to Hazard’s former club Lille for his replacement Nicolas Pepe.
The Ivory Coast winger, 23, has made it clear to the French outfit that he wants to leave this summer. Lille have responded by slapping a £70million price tag on his head.
Lille president Gerard Lopez told Telefoot he expects the player to move on.
"Four or five players will be leaving this summer,” he said.
“All clubs are forced to balance their accounts except perhaps one. I would say yes, it is sure he [Pepe] will leave."
Pepe has been a smash hit in Ligue 1 this season, scoring 19 times and assisting a further 11 in just 32 matches. The sensational run of form has helped to lift Lille up to second in the table.
Chelsea, who meet Slavia Prague at Stamford Bridge on Thursday night, are resigned to losing Hazard at the end of the season as the Belgian has just a year left on his contract.
The club is fighting against the transfer ban they’ve had imposed on them and have lined up Pepe in case their appeal is successful.
- Kenyan charges off to fine start at African games showAthletics 2 days ago
- SportPesa: We’re waiting for betting board nod to resume full operationFootball 5 hours ago
- Kabarak Half Marathon on tomorrowAthletics 16 hours ago
- Volleyball: Bitok says his team did not play well against ArgentinaVolleyball and Handball 20 hours ago
- Teenager Saka scores as Arsenal win at Frankfurt in Europa LeagueFootball 22 hours ago
- Kenyans ready to battle high temperaturesAthletics 22 hours ago
- Manchester United injury list grows ahead of Europa League clashFootball 2 days ago