Impala set up Enterprise Cup semifinal date with KCB
Impala Saracens will travel to KCB for the Enterprise Cup semi final on May 25 after both sides won their respective quarter final ties over the weekend.
While five-time Enterprise Cup winners KCB claimed a hard-earned 36-18 win over Nakuru RFC, Impala made light work of Mwamba, handing Kulabu a 71-19 thumping at Impala Club.
“We were poor in all departments and I must say it was a pathetic show from the boys. Impala dominated all areas from scrummaging to the breakdown,” Mwamba coach Kevin Wambua told The Standard Sports after their loss to Impala.
Wambua added that the result will serve as a wake up call to his charges as they prepare to face Nakuru RFC in the Kenya Cup play-offs in two weeks.
His Impala counterpart Frank Ndong’ lauded his side’s tactical discipline, decision making as well as skill execution.
“We hope to build on this momentum as we prepare for the Kenya Cup play-offs,” Ndong’ said. It was sweet revenge for Ndong’s men, having lost 20-16 to Mwamba in a Kenya Cup clash in January.
Meanwhile, Kabras Sugar also advanced to the last four after putting in a superb display to claim a hard fought 21-11 win over Nondescripts.
“We played well in the opening half and I think our defence was much better than in previous games,” Kabras coach Henly Du Plessis said while calling upon his charges to avoid conceding cheap penalties.
The millers were first to draw blood in the game after Nick Baraza thrusted through the visitors defence before offloading to Charlton Mokua, who touched down between the posts before Philip Wokorach added the extras for a 7-0 lead.
Nondies replied with two penalties through former Kabras player Martin Juma, trimming Kabras’ lead to one point but the millers responded after South African Mario Wilson did the donkey work.
- Athlete shocks the world, performs incredible 'Superman dive' to win race [Photos]Athletics 6 days ago
- Calling Messi God is blasphemy – Pope Francis Football 1 month ago
- Fourth year student dies celebrating Champions League semi-final goalFootball 1 week ago
- Kenyan star footballer busted kissing cop’s daughter, forced to produce cash Gossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Photos: Ronaldo wins second trophy as Juventus clinch eighth consecutive Serie A titleFootball 1 month ago
- Man Utd flop Alexis Sanchez FINALLY makes decision on his future, sends powerful message to fansFootball 2 days ago
- ‘Man City look like world's best but…’ – Klopp isn’t holding backPremier League 1 month ago