Ibrahimovic’s ridiculous quotes through time as seen by Game Yetu
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is considered one of the best nomadic strikers of all time, but his name isn’t as big as Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo…one would argue.
However, the Swedish international has his own way of making himself look just as big as his rivals. Over the years, he has been known for his outspoken nature which always gets him quoted by media outlets.
Most of his quotes during his decorated career that is still ongoing at MLS side LA Galaxy have been ridiculous and captive to his fans.
When the 37-year-old giant speaks, his words are either aimed at someone or about himself.
Here are 20 most stunning quotes by the former Barcelona, AC Milan, Inter Milan and Manchester United man.
1. Zlatan doesn’t do auditions
Ibrahimovic almost secured a deal with Arsenal when he was still at his boyhood club FF Malmo. The Gunners even had a shirt printed for the striker but former coach Arsene Wenger had other ideas, he wanted the Swede to undergo trials. The move by Wenger prompted him to remind the old man just what he does and doesn’t do. He joined Ajax instead.
2. Absolutely not. I have ordered a plane. It is much faster
Rumours are common in football or any other field associated with high profile personalities.
In this one, Zlatan was displeased when a reporter asked him about a rumour saying he had bought a Porsche.
3. I can’t help but laugh at how perfect I am
This one is about himself. Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo don’t run around telling people how good they are, but Zlatan isn’t afraid of publicising his super ability.
4. One thing is for sure, a World Cup without me is nothing to watch
He said this after Sweden were eliminated in the playoffs for the Brazil World Cup by Portugal. He branded the tournament as a worthless one without his true greatness.
5. What Carew does with a football, I can do with an Orange
In this one, the Swedish giant blasted former Lyon and Aston Villa forward John Carew who insolently suggested that some of his skills were ‘pointless’.
6. Nothing. She already has Zlatan
When asked about a birthday gift for his wife, he reiterated that his wife didn’t need anything else when she had it all, ‘Zlatan’.
7. We are looking for an apartment. If we don’t find anything, then I’ll probably just buy the hotel
When he left Milan in 2012, the Swedish international found it hard to secure a new residence in Paris ahead of his move to Paris St Germain. The struggle prompted him to say this.
8. First, I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again, and he went to buy a hotdog
He said this to mock the defensive efforts of former Liverpool defender Stephane Henchoz.
After the pair met in a match.
9. I don’t give a S*** who wins, I’m going on holiday
The striker said this after his side were eliminated from Euro 2012.
10. When you buy me, you are buying a Ferrari
This one is about his greatness. He picked a Ferrari as the only appropriate automotive comparison for his ability in football.
11. An injured Zlatan is a pretty serious thing for any team
He was reiterating on his absence from any Zlatan led football team and the teething troubles faced by the team in times of Zlatanlessness.
12. Come over to my house baby, and bring your sister. I’ll show you who’s gay
An irate Zlatan is difficult to handle. He unleashed this one when a reporter questioned his Sexuality.
13. Reporter: Who will win the World Cup playoffs?
Zlatan: Only god knows
Reporter: it’s kind of hard to ask him
Zlatan: Why? You are looking at him now
This one shows how Zlatan has a reasonably high opinion of himself despite the existence of other star players in football.
14. I didn’t injure you on purpose and you know that. If you accuse me again, ill break both your legs and that time it will be on purpose
He said this after his then club captain Rafael Van der Vaart claimed that Zlatan wanted to injure him on international duty in a match between Sweden and Holland.
15. Onyewu resembled a heavyweight boxer. He was nearly 6ft 5in and weighed over 15 stone, but he couldn’t handle me.
Zlatan held his head high despite breaking his rib against former teammate Oguchi Onyewu.
16. If Rooney still wants to move next summer, I would urge him to come and play with me in Paris. but he would have to get used to the fact that Zlatan scores even better goals than him.
The Swede fears no one no matter how good they are or how much history they have to their name.
- Kenya Pros David Opati and David Wakhu first to teeGolf 1 month ago
- Former Arsenal star ‘loses control again’, battling demonsFootball 1 month ago
- Why Gor Mahia need a ‘miracle’ tonightFootball 6 days ago
- Real Madrid fans chant Jose Mourinho's name outside Bernabeu in angry protestFootball 1 month ago
- ‘Man City look like world's best but…’ – Klopp isn’t holding backPremier League 2 weeks ago
- Two things I still want to achieve in football – MourinhoFootball 3 weeks ago
- Football team sponsored by porn site RedTubeGossip & Rumours 2 weeks ago