Maseno School outmuscle Kwale High School in rugby tie
Former East Africa secondary schools rugby 15s champions Maseno High School made their intentions clear after they won the opening match of national Term One games at Shimo La Tewa High School yesterday.
Maseno showed little respect to the hosts Kwale High who they beat 14-0 in a Group A tie.
The win was a clear indication for Maseno that they are not in Mombasa on holiday, but are ready to win the national title.
Thaddeus Marvin touched down twice before Jack Mangala and Daniel Kerasi converted a try each.
Kwale High had little to offer as they kept chasing shadows in both halves.
In another Group A match, favourites Dagoretti lived up to their billing as they edged out Alliance High 13-5.
Benson Salem scored two tries with a drop-kick by Timothy Lugali.
Michira Josiah made an unconverted try for Alliance High.
In Group B, former national and East Africa champions Kakamega High gave a rude welcome to newcomers Rift Valley's Kabianga in a 27-9 beating.
Mien Roy, Alvin Mutachi, Bradley Lidiema and Kenneth Cheti scored one try each while David Kamau touched down once and made one successful conversion.
- Champions League: How Manchester United can beat BarcelonaFootball 1 month ago
- Liverpool manager Klopp sends message to Manchester City Football 1 week ago
- Oliech fired up for BerkaneFootball 1 month ago
- Asbel Kiprop banned for doping Athletics 1 month ago
- 'Vagina-shaped' stadium unveiled in Qatar ahead of the 2022 World Cup (Photos)Football 2 weeks ago
- KCB silence Kabras to retain Kenya CupRugby 4 days ago
- Man Utd to put financial firepower to work on pitch next seasonPremier League 6 days ago