Three reasons you should keep your betting records
Serious bettors keep records. Those who bet just for fun also have a good reason to keep records. These records are sometimes provided by bookies on the ‘betslips’ but most bettors ignore them. Here are the reasons you must now start being keen on the records:
To track your winnings/losses
It’s not uncommon for bettors to remember the times they win and forget the times they lose. Losing money is not necessarily a problem if you’re betting with money you can afford to lose. But you should still keep track of the numbers involved because it’s possible you are actually spending more than you really want to, in which case it could be time to reduce your stakes or the number of wagers you place.
It’s also possible that you are winning more money than you think. In this case, it may be time to start taking your betting more seriously.
To know your strengths and weaknesses
Many recreational bettors bet on a range of different sports and a range of different events. They also tend to place several different types of wagers. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this approach, but if you’re not keeping records of your betting, then you probably have no idea where your strengths and weaknesses lie.
It’s quite possible that you do very well on one or two particular sports, for example, but not so well on the others.
Keeping records helps if you identify your strengths and weaknesses in order to bet strategically for wins.
New strategies and systems
Even if you view sports betting as a form of entertainment rather than as a way to make money, you would surely still prefer to get the best results possible. You might not mind losing money, but you would probably get even more fun out of it if you won instead. As such, you should always be looking to improve your results in any way you can.
One way to do this is to test out new strategies and systems. For this to be effective, you have to keep records of how they do. This is the only way you will know if a strategy or system is working for you.
- President Magufuli gifts national team players with pieces of land after AFCON qualificationFootball 4 weeks ago
- Golf demystified: Common terms you probably had difficulties understandingGolf 1 month ago
- Ricardo Badoer: Meet the man pulling tough strings at Wazito FCFootball 1 month ago
- How careless Manchester United were undone by MessiFootball 6 days ago
- Breaking: Lionel Messi returns to Argentina squad for 1st time since World CupFootball 1 month ago
- Man City star spotted in night club at 3:30 am - hours before Premier League match [Photos]Premier League 2 weeks ago
- Kahata scores to give Gor Mahia hard fought win Football 3 weeks ago