Catholic Monks sets sight on top spot
Catholic University of East Africa (CUEA) Monks RFC will be seeking to maintain their lead at the top of the KRU Championship standings when they visit bottom-placed Ngong RFC tomorrow.
Monks bounced back with a narrow 16-15 win against Mombasa RFC last weekend and head coach Edward Opiyo is confident his charges will keep the pace and finish top.
“We won our first competitive rugby match at the coastal region last week against Mombasa and that shows how far we have come. We are willing to grow,” Opiyo said.
“Our main objective and focus is to finish at the top of the table and get ready for the championship playoffs,” he added.
Ngong lost 31-5 to ninth-placed Egerton Wasps and victory tomorrow will play a pivotal role in rescuing their chances of avoiding relegation.
In Eldoret, the inform Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology (MMUST) RFC will be visiting fellow students University of Eldoret seeking to continue with their impressive run.
- Shujaa to trample on anyone who gets in their wayRugby 3 hours ago
- Russian tennis star Sharapova retiresTennis 1 day ago
- Anthony Joshua salutes ‘gladiators’ Wilder and Fury, leaves world guessing what’s nextBoxing 2 days ago
- Matano: League title race will go down to the wireFootball 5 hours ago
- Chinese swimmer Sun Yang handed eight-year ban by CASSports 47 minutes ago
- Bayern Munich players spotted in bar night before thumping Chelsea 3-0Football 1 day ago
- Golf: Snow storms to Tour lead at Karen ClubGolf 2 days ago