Catholic Monks sets sight on top spot
Catholic University of East Africa (CUEA) Monks RFC will be seeking to maintain their lead at the top of the KRU Championship standings when they visit bottom-placed Ngong RFC tomorrow.
Monks bounced back with a narrow 16-15 win against Mombasa RFC last weekend and head coach Edward Opiyo is confident his charges will keep the pace and finish top.
“We won our first competitive rugby match at the coastal region last week against Mombasa and that shows how far we have come. We are willing to grow,” Opiyo said.
“Our main objective and focus is to finish at the top of the table and get ready for the championship playoffs,” he added.
Ngong lost 31-5 to ninth-placed Egerton Wasps and victory tomorrow will play a pivotal role in rescuing their chances of avoiding relegation.
In Eldoret, the inform Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology (MMUST) RFC will be visiting fellow students University of Eldoret seeking to continue with their impressive run.
- Allan Wanga retires from international footballFootball 1 month ago
- Arsenal appoint former midfielder technical directorFootball 1 month ago
- Jesse Were receives encouraging message after AFCON snubFootball 2 months ago
- Betting company to shut 700 gambling shops, putting 4,500 jobs at riskSports 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea new boss opens up on team future, names star who'll be crucial for Blues next seasonFootball 1 month ago
- Manchester United close to nailing elusive signatureFootball 1 month ago