Zlatan Ibrahimovic reveals how Jose Mourinho blasted him in front of team-mates
Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Jose Mourinho have enjoyed a particularly strong relationship during their careers.
The Swede was at Inter Milan when Mourinho arrived in Italy before the pair reunited at Manchester United in 2016.
Mourinho has previously admitted Ibrahimovic will have a special place in his heart - but the striker has opened up on one particular dressing down from his former boss.
“When they say he is too outspoken in the media, if he is outspoken in the media about you, he has been outspoken to you directly," he told our man Andy Dunn during a special sit down interview in Lose Angeles, speaking in association with BetHard.
“I had a situation at Inter where we had done a bad first half and in front of the team at half-time, he was criticising me.
“I was supposed to be getting an award for being the best player in Italy and he said … 'When you go on to that stage and receive your award, you should feel ashamed. The way you are playing now, you do not deserve it'."
Ibrahimovic went on to admit he was able to deal with the criticism while others often struggled.
"Him criticising players is nothing new. It is all about how you take it," the LA Galaxy striker added.
"Me? I said to myself, 'I will go out and show him and demonstrate I can do more and do better."
- Why Alexis Sanchez is the highest paid player in Premier League (Sh52 million per week)Football 1 month ago
- Half time at Goodison Park, Gunners trail by a single Jagielka goalFootball 2 weeks ago
- Rudisha asks Kenyans to pray for his ailing fatherAthletics 1 month ago
- Why Chelsea striker wants to leave clubFootball 1 month ago
- Shujaa bag five points in Hong Kong 7sRugby 2 weeks ago
- Former Arsenal star ‘loses control again’, battling demonsFootball 1 month ago
- Everything has gone against us, says Real Madrid superstarFootball 1 month ago