Scrabble: MMUST defends KUSA women title
Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology (MMUST) defended their title in the 2019 Kenya Universities Sports Association (KUSA) women national scrabble championships at Kirinyaga University over the weekend.
Dorcus Neno anchored her teammates to claim the overall team title with 12 victories out of 14 rounds to register their third consecutive victory in the national championships.
Kenyatta University finished second, while University of Eldoret were third.
Speaking after the win, Neno said her success and dominance in the game is a result of hard work and training.
“I started playing while still in my second year at the university and my first national tournament I was ranked second last. I want to tell upcoming players not to never give up, keep reading and they will definitely get to the top,” the Fourth Year student of Disaster Management said.
Neno finished top in the individual standings with 12 points and a spread of 1,258. Wambugu Winnie of University of Eldoret was second with 10 points and spread of 790. Kenyatta University’s captain Muturi Elaine completed the top three with 10 points and a spread of 738.
Barvel Wamaitha, Nicole Achan and Dannete Morara finished in the top 10.
- Why I was ‘ready to kill’ Suarez at Liverpool – HendersonFootball 2 days ago
- Manchester United set date for Pogba’s returnFootball 2 days ago
- Ex-Arsenal star Henry to coach Montreal ImpactFootball 2 days ago
- Arrest made in murder of dutch footballerFootball 2 days ago
- Premier League confirm changes to VARFootball 2 days ago
- 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier: Kenya claim famous draw in EgyptFootball 2 days ago
- Athletics: Athletes set for Baringo 10km raceAthletics 2 days ago