Kenya Harlequin eliminate Enterprise Cup holders Homeboyz
Ugandan Jasper Ochen scored a decisive penalty in the second half as Kenya Harlequin eliminated Homeboyz from the Enterprise Cup with a 23-20 win at the Jamhuri Showground on Saturday.
It was sweet revenge for Quins, who lost to Homeboyz 12-11 at the same stage of the competition last year.
Quins drew first blood through Lyle Asiligwa’s penalty before winger Daudi Semwani extended their lead with an unconverted try.
Ervin Asena would reduce the deficit for the Deejays with a penalty before Asiligwa converted his try to send Quins 15-3 up.
Israel Soi scored the first converted try for Homeboyz before they completed the comeback through Bryan Juma to take a 17-15 lead at halftime.
Homeboyz started the second half on the ascendancy and their efforts paid off when Asena slotted in a drop-goal to hand them a five point advantage.
Quins restored their advantage as David Ambunya scored an unconverted try before Ugandan import Jasper Ochen struck a penalty to give them a 23-20 win.
In an earlier pre-quarter final tie, Nondescripts came from 7-0 down to beat Menengai Oilers 19-7.
Nondies got onto the scoresheet through three tries and two conversions as Oilers managed a solitary try which was converted.
The win saw Nondies progress to quarter finals where they are scheduled to face Kabras Sugar.
- Chelsea star agrees new five-year deal hours after Lampard’s appointmentFootball 1 month ago
- What went wrong with Harambee Stars in Egypt?Football 1 month ago
- Good news for Man United as club ‘agrees terms’ with Portuguese powerhouseGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Gor Mahia complete signing of Rwandese goal machineFootball 1 month ago
- Barcelona superstar 'says yes' to PSG transfer - paving way for Neymar returnFootball 1 month ago
- Gor Mahia to fly Kenyan flag in Kagame CupFootball 1 month ago
- How Kenyan stewards forgot their job as Kariobangi Sharks schooled Everton [Photos]Football 1 month ago