Olympic champion David Rudishaâ€™s father dead at 73
Olympic champion David Rudisha is mourning the death of his father Daniel Matasi Rudisha.
Daniel Matasi Rudisha died on Wednesday night at the age of 73 years.
The late, alongside Munyoro Nyamau, Naftali Bon and Charles Asati won the 400m relay silver medal at the 1968 Mexico Olympics.
Early this week his son, David Rudisha had called on Kenyans to pray for his ailing father.
In past interviews, Rudisha is on record saying that his dad (Daniel) inspired him to become the fastest 800m runner there has ever been.
According to the legend, he tries to be the same inspiration to his kids.
The 800m champion has the running genes in his blood as his mother, Naomi, was a 400m hurdler.
Rudisha will now be forced to cut short his holiday and other plans to be with his family and mourn the death of his father, hero and mentor, Daniel Matasi Rudisha.
Yet another tragedy
David Rudisha lost his sister, Harriet Namunyak Rudisha, to cancer in 2017.
Namunyak, 24, died at home in Trans Mara West on November 26, after battling lung cancer.
While addressing hundreds of mourners, the world champion eulogised his late sister as a cheerful person who never held grudges.
- Chelsea star agrees new five-year deal hours after Lampard’s appointmentFootball 1 month ago
- What went wrong with Harambee Stars in Egypt?Football 1 month ago
- Good news for Man United as club ‘agrees terms’ with Portuguese powerhouseGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Gor Mahia complete signing of Rwandese goal machineFootball 1 month ago
- Barcelona superstar 'says yes' to PSG transfer - paving way for Neymar returnFootball 1 month ago
- Gor Mahia to fly Kenyan flag in Kagame CupFootball 1 month ago
- How Kenyan stewards forgot their job as Kariobangi Sharks schooled Everton [Photos]Football 1 month ago