Ex-Kibera Black Stars coach quit over threats to his life
Former National Super League (NSL) Kibera Black Stars tactician Godfrey Oduor popularly known as ‘Solo’ has claimed that he stepped down after fans of the club brandished knives and threatened to knife his players.
The tactician was categorical that had he walked away in order to safeguard his players, adding that had he not taken such a step, something worse could have happened to either him or his former playing unit.
“With brandishing of the knives and threatening to injure my players, I decided to call it quits in order not to endanger the lives of the players,” said Oduor
Who added “The fans abused me and even offered support for the opposite team, they also accused the players of not giving their best yet we were leading against Police FC, what would you have done were you in my shoes?”
The coach reprimanded the fans calling for tolerance amongst sportsmen saying that recent acts whereby teams are blocked from getting out of the stadium or referee’s and players being beaten by fans was a thing of the past.
“Some acts belong to the ancient times, we are in a new era whereby things are sorted out amicably if someone feels that you are not offering good services there is a procedure to be followed and not threatening someone with a knife or acts of hooliganism,” he added.
- Metto appointed new Sports Kenya DirectorSports 1 month ago
- Wazito FC President Ricardo Badoer uses ‘F’ word on his playersFootball 2 weeks ago
- "Don't walk my path" –Manny Pacquiao tells sonBoxing 1 month ago
- Atletico Madrid stun Juventus 2-0 in Champions League Football 1 month ago
- Why Premier League top 4 finish may not result in UCL qualificationFootball 1 week ago
- Gor rule Mashemeji derby once again after 2-0 win over AFC LeopardsFootball 1 month ago
- Breaking: Lionel Messi returns to Argentina squad for 1st time since World CupFootball 2 weeks ago