Limo wins Nyanza North meeting
Brian Limo of Kimuron Secondary School in Elgeyo Marakwet County yesterday braved the scorching heat to win men's junior race at the Nyanza North region cross country championship at Kisumu National Polytechnic.
He led team mates Amos Bii (23.19) and Victor Otieno (24.17) to seal the top three spots. Limo said he decided to run in Kisumu after missing a place in their county.
"The heat was too much but I gave my best. This win has motivated me so much and my target now is to win the national championship. I am already prepared for it," Limo said.
In 6km junior women's race, Homa Bay's Fancy Cherono dominated from the start to finish, winning in 19.26.
Shella Chebet and Joan Chepkosgei who timed 20:47 and 20:49 respectively. "This is a good motivation for me as we head for National Cross Country in Eldoret. My goal is to triumph in Eldoret competitions and eventually represent Kenya in the World Cross," said Cherono.
Titus Kipruto won the men's 10km race in 28:35 ahead of Benard Bul (28:55) and Willy Kipruto (30:10). There was no women's category as only one athlete showed up.
The event brought together Siaya, Homa Bay and Kisumu counties. [Washington Onyango]
- Jose Mourinho set for shock return to former clubFootball 2 weeks ago
- Arsenal extend unbeaten run in four-goal thrillerFootball 2 months ago
- Stoic Kabras defence credited for timely winRugby 1 week ago
- Kariobangi Sharks beat Ulinzi Stars in Kasarani StadiumFootball 1 week ago
- Western Stima switch off Homeboyz to go topFootball 2 months ago
- Standard Golf Classic: Nandi Bears’ Terer roars to victoryGolf 3 days ago
- Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri has spoken about his future after they were thrashed 6-0 by Man CityFootball 1 week ago