Limo wins Nyanza North meeting
Brian Limo of Kimuron Secondary School in Elgeyo Marakwet County yesterday braved the scorching heat to win men's junior race at the Nyanza North region cross country championship at Kisumu National Polytechnic.
He led team mates Amos Bii (23.19) and Victor Otieno (24.17) to seal the top three spots. Limo said he decided to run in Kisumu after missing a place in their county.
"The heat was too much but I gave my best. This win has motivated me so much and my target now is to win the national championship. I am already prepared for it," Limo said.
In 6km junior women's race, Homa Bay's Fancy Cherono dominated from the start to finish, winning in 19.26.
Shella Chebet and Joan Chepkosgei who timed 20:47 and 20:49 respectively. "This is a good motivation for me as we head for National Cross Country in Eldoret. My goal is to triumph in Eldoret competitions and eventually represent Kenya in the World Cross," said Cherono.
Titus Kipruto won the men's 10km race in 28:35 ahead of Benard Bul (28:55) and Willy Kipruto (30:10). There was no women's category as only one athlete showed up.
The event brought together Siaya, Homa Bay and Kisumu counties. [Washington Onyango]
- Walcott, Gomes included as star-studded Everton lands at JKIA for Kariobangi Sharks tieFootball 1 month ago
- Rice terraces and 'turtle shell' scrums: Barefoot rugby in VietnamRugby 1 month ago
- Michael Olunga: Senegal are also humanFootball 1 month ago
- Women’s World Cup: Social media uproar after ‘Tea-sipping’ goal celebrationFootball 1 month ago
- Everton legends call to Sharks ahead of friendlyFootball 1 month ago
- Shark-attack: Kariobangi Sharks drown EPL’s EvertonFootball 1 month ago
- Reason why Man Utd's transfer for Bruno Fernandes has been delayedFootball 1 month ago