ATHLETICS: Kwemoi and Kiprop triumph
Commonwealth Games 10,000m bronze medalist Rodgers Kwemoi and Qualine Kiprop won Athletics Kenya Central Rift region cross country championships at Metipso Primary School inn Eldama Ravine yesterday.
The region picked a squad to the IAAF Permit meet/national trials set for Eldoret Sports Grounds on February 23.
Kwemoi won senior men’s race in 30:20.40 while Kiprop topped the women’s contest women in 36.00.68.
Richard Kimunyan, the world cross country under-20 bronze medallist, came second in 30.24.71 ahead of Evans Keitany (30.30.08).
“It’ll be a tough battle as we plan to grab some slots in the national team to the World Cross Country Championships,” said Athletic Kenya Central Rift branch first vice chairman Barnabas Kitilit.
Qualine Kiprop won ahead of Joan Jepkemboi in the senior women’s 10km race in 36.07.00 ahead of Faith Lingaa (36.30.08) and Isabella Jemurgor (37.02.24).
In men’s 8km race, Discovery Half Marathon champion Gideon Rono won in 24:09.64 ahead of Vincent Kiprotich who timed 24.23.30 and Emmanuel Kiplagat (24.37.30).
Lydiah Jeruto posted 20:36.63 to win 6km junior women’s race ahead of Betty Jepkemboi (20.42.68)and Roselida Jepketer (21.05.20).
- Ali's 'golden touch' floors Japan as Qatar lift Asian CupFootball 2 weeks ago
- Trump excited by African woman ball juggling skillsGossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Nantes demand Emiliano Sala transfer money from Cardiff Football 2 weeks ago
- Tiger power, Kenya’s ‘strongest man’ is deadSports 1 month ago
- Football legend Pele attacks Lionel MessiFootball 2 months ago
- Gor rule Mashemeji derby once again after 2-0 win over AFC LeopardsFootball 1 week ago
- Could this season’s Premier League be decided on goal difference? Guardiola thinks soPremier League 2 weeks ago