National Police Service promotes its athletes stars
World Steeplechase record holder Beatrice Chepkoech, three-time World half marathon champion Geoffrey Kamworor and world 1,500m champion Elijah Manangoi are among the 74 police officers promoted for their athletics excellence.
Chepkoech, 27, had a phenomenal season on the track chalking up numerous victories including breaking world record at the IAAF Monaco Meeting where she set 8:44.32 all-time mark, shaving off eight seconds off the previous mark set by Ruth Jebet of Bahrain. She was promoted from Police Constable to Corporal.
Manangoi, the reigning world 1,500m champion, won the Inter-continental championships, African Senior Athletics championships and Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast Australia last year was elevated from Sergeant to Inspector of Police.
Kamworor basks in three world cross country championships title, three world half marathon marathon crowns, New York Marathon win (in 2017). He was promoted to rank of Sergeant.
- Photos released: Body visible in wreckage of plane carrying Emiliano SalaFootball 1 month ago
- Clinical Lukaku helps Man United leapfrog Arsenal in Premier League tableFootball 2 weeks ago
- Former Arsenal star Emmanuel Eboue marries ex-lover after failed marriage with British wifeGossip & Rumours 1 week ago
- See which local-based players made it to Migne's 25-man list Football 1 month ago
- How ‘noisy neighbours’ City could ruin Red Devils’ UCL dreamFootball 4 days ago
- Thiong’o named SPL’s best player for DecemberFootball 1 month ago
- Premier League manager banned for two games, fined Sh1.3 million by FAFootball 1 week ago