Gareth Bale makes shock admission over Zinedine Zidane relationship at Real Madrid
Gareth Bale admits he hasn't spoken to Zinedine Zidane since his stunning goal in the Champions League final.
The Welshman scored a sensational overhead kick as Real beat Liverpool in May to claim their third Champions League in a row.
Bale had started the encounter on the bench before scoring twice for Los Blancos.
Speaking after the match, he admitted his frustration at the snub and sparked doubts over his long-term future at Real under Zidane.
Within a matter of days, Zidane quit as manager but there has been no contact with Bale since the victory in Kiev.
“He didn’t talk to me about it – I still haven’t spoken to him since. I wouldn’t say we were best mates, it was just a normal professional relationship," he told FourFourTwo.
On his man of the match display in the final, Bale added: "I was really frustrated not to start. I was desperate to get onto that pitch. When I ran on I was still a bit angry, and that’s probably why I did what I did next.
“I’ve watched the goal back a couple of times. I didn’t feel like I had a point to prove – I wanted to do it for myself and the team."
Julen Lopetegui replaced Zidane but he didn't last long before Santiago Solari arrived with Real having a difficult campaign.
Bale has managed just five La Liga goals this term and faced a fan backlash but his agent insists he does not want to quit the European champions.
- How South Africa’s Bafana Bafana knocked out AFCON hosts Egypt Football 1 month ago
- Champions League pitch invader arrested trying to do the same at Copa AmericaFootball 1 month ago
- Six top footballers linked with ArsenalGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Manchester United secure major signing ahead of new seasonFootball 1 month ago
- Atletico Madrid sign Man United target for for Sh15 billion Football 1 month ago
- Meet star who signed for Chelsea before Hazard but yet to make first-team appearanceFootball 1 month ago
- JESUS WEPT! Brazil superstar punches VAR before breaking down in tearsFootball 1 month ago