Masinde Muliro RFC keen to maintain top form
Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology (MMUST) RFC to stage a good show when they visit Dennis Mwanja’s United States International University-Africa (USIU) RFC this weekend.
The Kakamega-based students lie seventh on the log with 14 points after seven rounds and a win will reduce the gap between MMUST and leaders Catholic Monks, who have stretched to 13 points.
MMUST head coach Ochieng Ahaya said he is confident they will pick their third win of the year after edging out Mombasa and Egerton.
“We expect a beefed up USIU side who are looking forward to bounce back after losing their first game of the season but we will give them a tough challenge,” said Ahaya.
“The game will be tight and hard for us but if we win this match, then the team will be better placed to catch up with the leaders.”
USIU are second and are 12 points ahead of the visitors. Leaders Catholic University of East Africa (CUEA) Monks RFC will host the high flying University of Eldoret who ended USIU’s unbeaten run last week.
A win for Monks will see them cement their top spot at the top of the table and Monks head coach Edward Opio said he is ready to maintain a good run.
“We are prepared for the visitors who are on form," Opio said.
- Zaha sends powerful message to fans on joining ArsenalFootball 1 month ago
- Man United First training: New boy Daniel James in action [Photos]Football 1 month ago
- Griezmann shocks football world, delivers on threat Football 1 month ago
- Good news for Man United as club ‘agrees terms’ with Portuguese powerhouseGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Harambee Stars goalkeeper joins Tanzania’s Yanga FCFootball 1 month ago
- Barcelona superstar 'says yes' to PSG transfer - paving way for Neymar returnFootball 1 month ago
- Lukaku’s cousin set to help Arsenal land dream target Football 1 month ago