Alvaro Morata agrees Atletico Madrid transfer to end Chelsea nightmare
Alvaro Morata has ended his Chelsea nightmare by agreeing to join Atletico Madrid.
The Spanish striker moved to Stamford Bridge 18 months ago in a club-record deal but he has struggled to adapt to English football.
Morata hasn't scored in the Premier League since the start of November and has been left out of the matchday squad by Maurizio Sarri in recent weeks.
Chelsea had been keen to offload Morata to pave the way for Gonzalo Higuain to arrive on loan from Juventus.
Morata will return to the Spanish capital on an initial loan deal until the end of the season although there is thought to be an option to make it a permanent switch in the summer.
Atletico boss Diego Simeone had been keen to add attacking reinforcements with Diego Costa struggling for form and fitness.
His departure will be followed by Higuain's arrival at Stamford Bridge on a deal until the end of the campaign.
Milan had been keen to bring in a replacement before they terminated his loan from Juve.
The Serie A side are expected to finalise the signing of Kristof Piatek in the coming days from Genoa, with Higuain expected in London this week.
- Why Kenyan football is a rose growing from concreteFootball 1 week ago
- Dennis Oliech finally finds his scoring boots [Photos] Football 1 month ago
- Manchester United look to go fourth with win at FulhamPremier League 1 week ago
- PSG outclass Man Utd to close on Champions League quartersFootball 4 days ago
- FKF promises to pay Harambee Starlets once government remits cashFootball 3 weeks ago
- Porn website to sponsor rugby matchRugby 1 week ago
- Sala’s dog still patiently waiting for the striker to come home, his sister shares a heartbreaking photo Football 1 week ago