Unai Emery provides update on Mesut Ozil amid claims he could leave Arsenal
Unai Emery insists he's not thinking about Mesut Ozil's future amid claims the German could leave Arsenal this January.
The World Cup winner has fallen down the pecking order at Arsenal and hasn't featured for the north London club since Boxing Day.
Arsenal have minimal funds to spend on new players this month, and Ozil is the club's highest earner bringing home £350,000-a-week.
It has been reported Emery is keen to move the midfielder on to free up some funds for new recruits.
But the Gunners boss insists his only consideration at the moment is Ozil putting in good performances for Arsenal.
"I am not thinking about that. I am thinking about how he can help us," said Emery.
"He has helped us sometimes this year with good performances and others not good. After these two weeks working, maybe he can be okay for us."
On Ozil's lack of game time, he added: "He has injuries, where sometimes he is okay, sometimes not okay. I want every player to be okay for every match and he is the same.
"He didn't play the last game but this Saturday he could possibly be with us. Now he is training consistently.
"I want every player to give consistency. This is not always easy. What is most important is how he can help us."
- Man United ‘agree deal’ with Swansea for attackerFootball 3 weeks ago
- Chelsea manager Sarri charged with misconductFootball 1 month ago
- Horror in 60 minutes: Inside England’s calamitous Nations League meltdown [Photos]Football 1 week ago
- Maara sinks 6 birdies to triumph over 184 golfersGolf 2 months ago
- 15 Manchester United players with expiring contracts revealed Premier League 2 months ago
- Pochettino delivers bad news about KaneFootball 2 months ago
- Why footballers wear braFootball 1 month ago