Rugby: Quins edge Nakuru in Kenya Cup
Half-back Eden Agero starred as Kenya Harlequin beat Nakuru RFC 38-21 in a Kenya Cup match played at the RFUEA Grounds yesterday.
The Kenya Sevens international scored a try and assisted two to help his side register their fourth win of the campaign.
After sustained pressure, Nakuru opened the scoring mid-way through the first half as Edwins Makori powered his way between the sticks for a try which was converted by Martin Muita.
Relentless Quins found a response instantly as Agero tore through the Nakuru backline before offloading to Aluda Beda who dotted down with ease.
Lyle Asiligwa then restored parity by adding the extras.
Agero then turned from provider to scorer, as he drifted away from his markers to hand his side the lead with a try which Asiligwa converted.
An infringement by Nakuru in their half earned Quins a penalty which Asiligwa converted, taking the scores to 17-7 in favour of Quins.
Nakuru cut the deficit to three points with their second try of the match before Beda sealed his brace to ensure Quins led 24-14 at half-time.
Nakuru emerged for the second half firing from all cylinders and they were rewarded as they scored their third try through Duncan Abuyeka before Quins restored their 10 point cushion after being awarded a penalty try.
Substitute George Scott then scored Quins’ fifth try to take the scores to 38-21 as Nakuru struggled to get out of their territory. [Clement Wekulo]
- Five football players who stood up to racial abuseFootball 1 month ago
- Liverpool fans caught on camera harassing Barcelona locals ahead of UCL match (Video)Gossip & Rumours 2 weeks ago
- Chelsea star signs new two-year deal at Stamford BridgeFootball 1 week ago
- Football: Tottenham medical staff branded 'disgusting and pathetic'Football 2 weeks ago
- EPL: Klopp 'surprised' that Liverpool have stayed with Man CityPremier League 3 weeks ago
- Do you know Tiger Woods’ girlfriend? Meet the stunning Erica Herman [Photos]Golf 1 month ago
- World's strongest footballer in talks to join WWE after meeting The Rock [Photos] Football 1 month ago