Matano wants fair officiating as Mathare United visit Ruaraka
Tusker coach Robert Matano wants match officials of today’s top of the table SportPesa Premier League clash at Ruaraka Stadium to be at their best.
League leaders Mathare United play Tusker and Matano said fair officiating will be key in getting 'a fair result'. “This should not be construed as complaining against match officials, but they must be able to control the match properly. Both teams have prepared well and are on a high. The least they deserve is fair officiating,” he said.
Matano’s comments come in the wake of complaints by some teams of poor officiating. Last weekend, AFC Leopards’ fans roughed up match officials after their 1-1 tie against Nzoia Sugar at Machakos Stadium.
Besides officiating, Matano remains confident his side can pick maximum points on the back of a four-match win. “The only thing we expect today is to play well and win. We have had some good preparations and remain confident we can translate the same on the pitch.”
Going into today’s match, the brewers have the best scoring record since the season began as they have netted eight times in six matches. Also, Tusker has won three of the eight meetings against Mathare United since 2015. The latter have won twice and three matches have ended in ties.
Tusker’s lethal attack of Boniface Muchiri, Timothy Otieno and John Kamau were simply awesome against Sofapaka last weekend and is likely to start today.
Mathare United have been on a roll since the season started and have scored in all the six matches. Concern, however, remains at the back with the team conceding in almost every match. It is an area coach Francis Kimanzi needs to seal.
At Afraha Stadium, troubled AFC Leopards take on winless KCB in a match where both teams will be looking to turn around their bad run. Leopards have been boosted by the return of Whyvonne Isuzza and Musa Saad, who are all available for selection. KCB welcome Sammy Omollo to the technical bench as assistant coach.
- Leipzig move into third spot with 4-2 win at CologneFootball 1 day ago
- Motorsport: WIM Kenya to support young racersSports 2 days ago
- Kahata explains the difficulties he faced while trying to return to Tanzania for the league resumptionFootball 2 days ago
- Premier League clubs can play friendlies before season restart - reportsFootball 1 day ago
- What’s next for Premier League Project Restart?Premier League -1 years ago
- Top Man United target leaves fans guessing about next club with cyptic tweetFootball 2 days ago
- Five Barcelona players 'tested positive for COVID-19' - but club kept results hiddenGossip & Rumours 1 day ago