Gor Mahia duo Shakava, Onyango suspended
Gor Mahia captain Harun Shakava and defender Joash Onyango have been suspended for Sunday’s Confederations Cup match against New Stars of Cameroon.
Confederation of African Football (CAF) said they were forced to take the action following a confrontation the two were involved in during a Champions League match against Lobi Stars in Enugu, Nigeria.
The Gor Mahia captain is accused of having a retaliatory attack by kicking Lobi Stars goalkeeper during a melee.
Onyango, on the other hand, is accused of insulting the match referee.
“You are kindly requested to note that both Gor Mahia players no.12 and no.18 are provisionally suspended from taking part in CAF inter-clubs matches until the submission of the case to CAF Disciplinary board in its next meeting (January 13), says part of the letter.
Meanwhile, AFC Leopards have suspended Organising Secretary Timothy Lilumbi over attack on a match referee.
The club announced yesterday it took the action to allow for the official to go through the disciplinary process.
- Refereeing couple subject to awful threats after Arsenal’s loss to LeicesterFootball 2 weeks ago
- Wilfred Bungei: Alcohol nearly ruined meAthletics 1 month ago
- Mike Tyson reveals how smoking toad venom changed his lifeBoxing 1 week ago
- Lukaku’s mother star-struck at Old Trafford after meeting Lionel Messi [photos]Football 1 month ago
- No title, no worries: How Liverpool will get more prize money than Man City even if they don’t win the titleFootball 6 days ago
- Manchester City retain EPL title in thrilling racePremier League 6 days ago
- Chelsea set record with 1-1 draw at EintrachtFootball 2 weeks ago