Gor Mahia duo Shakava, Onyango suspended
Gor Mahia captain Harun Shakava and defender Joash Onyango have been suspended for Sunday’s Confederations Cup match against New Stars of Cameroon.
Confederation of African Football (CAF) said they were forced to take the action following a confrontation the two were involved in during a Champions League match against Lobi Stars in Enugu, Nigeria.
The Gor Mahia captain is accused of having a retaliatory attack by kicking Lobi Stars goalkeeper during a melee.
Onyango, on the other hand, is accused of insulting the match referee.
“You are kindly requested to note that both Gor Mahia players no.12 and no.18 are provisionally suspended from taking part in CAF inter-clubs matches until the submission of the case to CAF Disciplinary board in its next meeting (January 13), says part of the letter.
Meanwhile, AFC Leopards have suspended Organising Secretary Timothy Lilumbi over attack on a match referee.
The club announced yesterday it took the action to allow for the official to go through the disciplinary process.
- Snow claims third Safari Tour victoryGolf 1 day ago
- Ataro among coaches awaiting Telkom callHockey 1 day ago
- AFC Leopards, shida iko wapi? Football 1 hour ago
- Petr Cech to be offered chance to return to ChelseaPremier League 1 day ago
- Emery provides update on Ozil amid claims German could leave ArsenalFootball 16 hours ago
- Manchester United star fumes at team-mates during training Football 1 hour ago
- Mourinho rejects opportunity to become top club managerFootball 1 week ago