Mesut Ozil’s January transfer plans revealed
Mesut Ozil has reportedly rejected a loan move away from Arsenal in January as he bids to reclaim his starting position under Unai Emery.
Ozil has struggled to hold down a spot in the first XI this term, consistently being dropped by his manager over the course of the season so far.
He missed Saturday's 5-1 humbling at the hands of Liverpool with a knee problem and there had been whispers he could seek a temporary move away from the Emirates in a bid for more regular football.
But, according to ESPN FC, Ozil has 'categorically ruled out' leaving the club in the winter window.
Ozil penned fresh terms in north London less than a year ago on a lucrative £300,000-a-week deal.
But that was prior to Emery's arrival and the Spaniard has dismissed claims that Ozil's salary would be a factor on whether or not the midfielder left the club.
World Cup winner Ozil was benched for matches against Southampton and Tottenham before returning to skipper the Gunners against Burnley on December 23.
But he picked up a knock in the 1-1 draw at Brighton on Boxing Day and faces a late assessment prior to today's clash against Fulham.
Arsenal enjoyed a streak of 22 unbeaten matches between August and December but have won just one of their last five in all competitions.
- Do you know Tiger Woods’ girlfriend? Meet the stunning Erica Herman [Photos]Golf 2 months ago
- Arsenal fans demand one player is sold immediately after Palace defeatPremier League 1 month ago
- Chelsea star signs new two-year deal at Stamford BridgeFootball 1 month ago
- Female referee suffers sexist attack as teenage footballer shows privates to herFootball 2 weeks ago
- World's strongest footballer in talks to join WWE after meeting The Rock [Photos] Football 2 months ago
- Difficult to imagine Egypt not winning Group A at Africa CupFootball 2 days ago
- After suffering heart attack, Goalkeeper Casillas tweets from hospital bedFootball 1 month ago