Arsenal star told to leave Gunners in January transfer window
Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny has been urged to leave the Gunners on loan in January in a bid to rebuild his confidence.
The Egyptian played 72 times in all competitions in two-and-a-half years under Arsene Wenger, but has fallen out of favour under Unai Emery following the summer signings of Matteo Guendouzi and Lucas Torreira.
The 3-1 victory over Burnley prior to Christmas was Elneny's first Premier League appearance of the season, and he was substituted just before the hour mark.
In addition to that, he has made six appearances in cup competitions, with five of those coming in the Europa League.
The 26-year-old remains a key player for Egypt, who he vice-captains, with only skipper Ahmed El Mohamady holding more caps from the squad that was called up for last month's Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Tunisia.
And Hamdy Nouh, the coach of Egyptian side El Mokawloon - the side where the midfielder began his professional career - has told the former Basel man to move on next month.
"He needs to leave Arsenal in the next transfer market, at least on loan to play more and regain his confidence," Nouh told Goal.com.
"He has been influenced lately by the change in coach and his new style, but I am confident that he will return better than before, because of his great potential and the competitive spirit that will help him get back in."
After the start against Burnley, Elneny was an unused substitute for the Premier League visits to Brighton and Liverpool.
- Chess: Premier tournament kicks off in KarenSports 2 months ago
- Transfer news: PSG superstar departs clubFootball 2 weeks ago
- Kenyan players make top 10 in star-studded AFCON listFootball 4 days ago
- Why Barca fans are upset with CoutinhoFootball 2 months ago
- Farah accused of 'punching and kicking' husband and wife by GebrselassieAthletics 2 months ago
- Liverpool defender named Premier League Player of the YearFootball 1 month ago
- Guardiola reacts after Tottenham beatingFootball 2 months ago