Manchester United team vs Valencia revealed
Paul Pogba will start on Wednesday as Jose Mourinho rotates the Manchester United squad against Valencia in the Champions League.
The midfielder has spent the last two matches on the bench, and Mourinho wants to see a response from the World Cup winner.
"I'm looking for him to play well and to have a good impact in the game and a good impact in the team - a team with many players that don't have many miles on their legs," he said.
"A team with some players that are not playing a lot, so I hope that people like Paul and a couple of others that are normally in the team and they have that number of miles that players need to be at that top level, I hope he can have a good impact on the team."
Mourinho bristled when quizzed on why he has not been able to get the best out of Pogba.
"I don't think your question goes in the direction of what I want to answer or listen (to)," Mourinho said. "I don't like your question.
"You can put the question from another direction, I don't like the direction."
David De Gea and Nemanja Matic appear to have been rested for the Group H match, while Luke Shaw, Anthony Martial, Matteo Darmian and Chris Smalling were not seen on the flight to Spain.
Mason Greenwood and James Garner, both 17, have been included in the travelling party, while Pogba, Sergio Romero and Andreas Pereira are set to be among the starters as Victor Lindelof (groin) and Alexis Sanchez (hamstring) remain sidelined.
Predicted XI: Romero, Valencia, Bailly, Jones, Rojo; Fred, Pereira, Pogba; Mata, Lukaku, Lingard
- Petr Cech to be offered chance to return to ChelseaPremier League 1 day ago
- Ataro among coaches awaiting Telkom callHockey 1 day ago
- Emery provides update on Ozil amid claims German could leave ArsenalFootball 15 hours ago
- Mourinho rejects opportunity to become top club managerFootball 1 week ago
- European tour professionals to play Kenyan amateur golfersGolf 1 day ago
- AFC Leopards bag win, at last, as Bandari take league leadFootball 11 hours ago
- Gor Mahia want to take a hike up Mount KenyaFootball 2 days ago