Mesut Ozil linked with move to new club in January
Arsenal star Mesut Ozil has been heavily linked with a January move to Inter Milan with his agent due to fly to Italy to seal a £25m move.
The Germany international is the Gunners' highest paid player but they are keen to get his £350k per week salary off their wage bill after falling out of favour under Unai Emery.
He has missed their last five matches with a back problem and it now appears the writing could be on the wall for his Arsenal career as Inter prepare to offer him a Serie A lifeline.
The creative midfielder has always divided attention amongst Arsenal fans since joining the club from Real Madrid in 2013.
And a number of fans have welcomed the news he could be on his way out of the Emirates, with one fan stating on Twitter they "should hurry up and make it happen".
The 30-year-old is the big name in Emery's squad and arguably their most talented player, yet many fans appear desperate to push him out of the exit door.
Another fan urged the club to "please get it over the line" whilst a further supporter added they need to "just get him out the book".
Ozil's attitude has been criticised by fans on a number of occasions, and one fan responded to the transfer rumours by saying: "Don't want him at my club, inconsistent, lazy and injury prone."
As mentioned, however, Ozil clearly divides opinion and he has received backing from some Arsenal fans.
One urged them "don't even think about letting him go" whilst another stated that "he may lack consistency, but he brings something no one else can".
Arsenal have struggled to create chances on occasions at home, with Emery making a half-time switch to change formation against Huddersfield on Saturday before Lucas Torreira fired in a late winner.
But whilst some want Ozil to solve their inability to create changes, others believe they need to "get someone who is creative on a consistent basis" or introduce "young players who are hungry and will give him 100% every week".
Speculation looks set to increase around the German with the January transfer window approaching, and it will be interesting to see the outcome of talks between his agent and Inter.
- National Olympic Committee of Kenya set for radical changesAthletics 2 months ago
- Man Utd's Martial, Lingard to miss Chelsea, Liverpool matchesFootball 1 week ago
- Sala’s dog still patiently waiting for the striker to come home, his sister shares a heartbreaking photo Football 2 weeks ago
- Shooters fire the weekend away at the inaugural Langata shooting competitionSports 1 month ago
- You don’t have to hide your phone, just bet, everyone is doing it!Football 2 months ago
- Nigerian to coach ArsenalFootball 3 days ago
- Major Champions League rule change that could affect Premier League clubsFootball 2 weeks ago