Manchester United fans have a new nickname for Anthony Martial
Anthony Martial may have missed Manchester United's 4-1 victory over Fulham on Saturday, but that was never going to affect United fans' love for him.
The Frenchman has been in fine form this season scoring seven goals in his last 11 games.
But he watched the Fulham win from the directors' box as United eased themselves back into form in the Premier League.
With Champions League progression already secured ahead of the midweek trip to Valencia, Martial is now likely to rest up as he attempts to get back to fitness ahead of next Sunday's Premier League trip to Anfield, where United will hope to derail Liverpool's title bid.
If he returns to the side, he's likely to be playing alongside Juan Mata, who scored one of United's four goals against the Cottagers on Saturday.
Martial tweeted Mata to praise him for reaching the milestone of 50 goals and 50 assists in the Premier League with the strike, calling him 'El Mago' - "The Magician".
And as fans responded to the tweet, they revealed the new nickname they've given him.
It's a pretty complementary one.
- Shujaa to fight for survival at London SevensRugby 2 days ago
- Man United’s Paul Pogba a shock inclusion in PFA team of the yearFootball 1 month ago
- How Man United are repeating Liverpool’s failures in the 1990sPremier League 2 weeks ago
- Six top footballers dating women way older than themFootball 1 month ago
- How Man Utd or Tottenham could land Gareth Bale for free this summerFootball 6 days ago
- Brigid Kosgei wins London Marathon Women’s Elite RaceAthletics 3 weeks ago
- Chelsea star signs new two-year deal at Stamford BridgeFootball 2 weeks ago