Liverpool star facing up to six weeks out after fracturing leg
Joe Gomez is facing up to six weeks on the sideline after fracturing his lower leg in Liverpool's 3-1 win over Burnley.
The Reds star was injured in a challenge with Clarets defender Ben Mee, and was forced off just 23 minutes into the match at Turf Moor.
The centre-back was carried off on a stretcher as Jurgen Klopp and Sean Dyche clashed on the touchline.
Gomez went for scans on his leg today while on crutches, and is now set to miss the entire festive period.
The injury is a huge set-back for Liverpool on their quest to win the Premier League title this season.
Gomez has become a crucial member of Klopp's new-look Reds side, who are right on the trail of defending champions Manchester City.
Klopp is a big fan of the youngster, who has become a perfect centre-back pairing for the world-class Virgil van Dijk.
Gomez has also been deployed on right-back this season - as he was in Liverpool's Champions League clash with PSG - and will be a huge miss going into a crucial period for the club.
- SHOCKING VIDEO: Arnold Schwarzenegger attacked with flying kick in South Africa Gossip & Rumours 2 months ago
- Manchester United secure major signing ahead of new seasonFootball 2 weeks ago
- Betting company to shut 700 gambling shops, putting 4,500 jobs at riskSports 2 weeks ago
- Chelsea fans react after Lampard’s appointment as managerFootball 2 weeks ago
- Messi fumes at Copa America Football 1 week ago
- Football: Tottenham medical staff branded 'disgusting and pathetic'Football 2 months ago
- AFCON: Ighalo seeks to burst South African bubbleFootball 1 week ago