Bungoma will be no pushovers, warns team manager
Bungoma County women’s volleyball team manager Vitalis Kong’ani has warned his opponents ahead of the Kenya Volleyball Federation national League play-offs.
Kong'ani said other teams should not underrate them during this year’s finals that will be held from November 30 to December 2 at the Kasarani Gymnasium.
The team will be featuring in the national play-offs for the first time since they made their league debut in 2015.
Bungoma will battle with champions Kenya Pipeline, Prisons Kenya and Kenya Commercial Bank in a three-day extravaganza.
Despite going into the tournament as underdogs, Kong’ani said they have earned respect after finishing joint third with KCB in the regular season.
“Though we expect a tough competition, it’s an exciting feeling to participle in the play-offs for the first time. All of us are looking forward to it,” Kong’ani told The Standard Sports.
“The mood is encouraging and all players are in good shape, anxiously waiting for the play-offs."
"We have done pretty well and whoever has seen us in action, knows our capabilities," said Kong'ani.
"We are no pushovers, so let them underrate us at their own peril. We hope the underdogs’ tag will work in our favour.”
- Liverpool back on top after 3-0 win over BournemouthFootball 1 week ago
- Paul Pogba's goal celebrations branded 'disrespectful' Football 1 month ago
- Golf: Sigona golfers kept bay as Safari Tour Series gathers steamGolf 1 month ago
- Maurizio Sarri refuses to shake hands with Pep Guardiola after 6-0 demolitionFootball 1 week ago
- Oliech to make SportPesa Super Cup debut against Mbao FCFootball 1 month ago
- Zetech register mixed results in varsity leagueBasketball 1 week ago
- Manchester United accounts reveal massive Jose Mourinho payoff figureFootball 1 week ago