SAFARI SEVENS: Part of Ngong Road be temporarily closed during the weekend
Starting this Saturday, November 10, a section of Nairobi County’s Ngong Road will be closed.
This will be in order to allow for efficient movement during the Safari Sevens tournament, which will be held at the Rugby Football Union of East Africa Grounds (RFUEA) during the weekend.
Kenya Rugby Union, through a notice sent to newsrooms, made it clear that the section of Ngong Road between Makindi and Ole Dume roads will be closed temporarily (from 8 am to 10 pm).
“We hereby notify the public of a temporary road closure on the section of Ngong Road between Makindi and Ole Dume roads from 8 am to 10 pm on Saturday 10th November and Sunday 11th November for the Safari 7s, being held at the RFUEA Grounds,” read part of the notice.
Inbound traffic to the CBD will be diverted to Makindi Road, while outbound traffic will be diverted to Joseph Kangethe Road.
KRU has advised the public to seek alternative routes to avoid any inconveniences.
Godwin Karuga, the tournament director explained how fans and guests will enter and exit RFUEA grounds.
“The area between Telkom and Impala Club will be left for fans on foot and emergency services. No parking will be allowed at these areas. VIP guests will use the gate next to Alpha Fit Gym while suppliers will use the upper gate of the arena,” said Karuga as seen on a local news site.
- Why Ronaldo went home a sad man after loss to Man United – JuventusFootball 6 days ago
- Nations Cup qualifiers: Kenya’s youngsters seek to finish job in Mauritius todayFootball 17 hours ago
- Nakumatt tax Ushuru in battle for KPL slotFootball 4 weeks ago
- Pogba’s latest statement leaves Man United fans excited worldwidePremier League 4 days ago
- Man City star Mendy savagely replies to Donald Trump’s tweetGossip & Rumours 3 days ago
- Sadio Mane left in floods of tears during Africa Cup of Nations qualifier match Football 18 minutes ago
- Tottenham 0-1 Man City: Mahrez dedicates goal to fallen Leicester chairman Premier League 2 weeks ago