Why Paul Pogba missed Man Utd team flight after win over Juventus
Paul Pogba missed Manchester United's team flight back from Turin following their dramatic Champions League victory over Juventus.
The Frenchman played a starring role against his former club as the Red Devils came from behind to snatch a last-gasp 2-1 victory.
Cristiano Ronaldo's sensational volley put the Bianconeri in the ascendancy after 65 minutes before Juan Mata's sumptuous free-kick levelled proceedings four minutes from time.
Alex Sandro's own goal in the final moments secured an unlikely victory for United and leaves them in a strong position in their bid to qualify for the last 16 of the competition.
But Pogba did not fly back to Manchester with his teammates, instead catching a later flight with supporters.
This was due to him being selected for a drugs test following the game which meant he did not have time to catch his scheduled plane.
Pogba started his career with United before moving to Juventus where he garnered a reputation as one of the world's premier midfielders.
He returned to Old Trafford in the summer of 2016 for a then world record fee, and he explained why he did not celebrate United's late winner against his former club.
“Who knows? I’m with United now. There is so much talk about this, but am happy to be playing for Manchester United," Pogba told Sky Sport Italia.
“The win was important, but the Juve fans gave me such a warm welcome.
“I didn't celebrate when we went 2-1 up, it felt too strange. I saw so many people that I know well. We played against a great team and we really had to win.
“It was wonderful coming back here, although it felt weird going into the ‘away’ locker room. I was so accustomed to the Juve one.
“The reaction of the fans really moved me, as I missed them and Italian football. It was great to be back in this stadium, where I started out and won big trophies.”
- Tiger Woods’ Masters win summed up in PhotosGolf 1 month ago
- Why Liverpool fans are angry with Klopp's tactical change after Messi goalFootball 3 weeks ago
- Arsenal star to miss Europa League final over safety fearsFootball 4 days ago
- Mexico's Olympic walker Gonzalez banned for dopingAthletics 2 weeks ago
- How Ajax stunned Ronaldo's Juventus Football 1 month ago
- Manchester United fans call for Solskjaer’s sackingFootball 1 week ago
- Manchester United predicted line up for crucial Premier League clash Football 1 month ago