Tottenham star ruled out until December due to injury
Tottenham Hotspur defender Jan Vertonghen will not return to action until December after suffering a hamstring injury, the Premier League club said on Thursday.
The 31-year-old Belgian centre back sustained the injury during 2-0 the league victory over Huddersfield Town last month.
Following medical assessment, the club confirmed Vertonghen will continue his recovery with a view to returning to action in about two months.
Vertonghen is set to miss league games against West Ham United, Manchester City, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Crystal Palace, Chelsea and Arsenal as well as Champions League group matches against PSV Eindhoven and Inter Milan.
Spurs lie fifth in the Premier League table with 18 points from eight matches.
- Man United striker Lukaku has finally spoken about his body, reveals his problemFootball 4 days ago
- Unbeaten Selecta are Division One champsFootball 3 weeks ago
- Football set for huge shake-up with two key law changesFootball 1 month ago
- Cosmas Korir: I will share the Sh208million jackpot with my friends who helped me Football 2 months ago
- Investigators reveal cause of Leicester City helicopter crashFootball 1 week ago
- Mourinho facing the sack, Man United consider Pochettino as replacementFootball 1 month ago
- Red-hot Keitany wins NY MarathonAthletics 1 month ago