Tottenham star ruled out until December due to injury
Tottenham Hotspur defender Jan Vertonghen will not return to action until December after suffering a hamstring injury, the Premier League club said on Thursday.
The 31-year-old Belgian centre back sustained the injury during 2-0 the league victory over Huddersfield Town last month.
Following medical assessment, the club confirmed Vertonghen will continue his recovery with a view to returning to action in about two months.
Vertonghen is set to miss league games against West Ham United, Manchester City, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Crystal Palace, Chelsea and Arsenal as well as Champions League group matches against PSV Eindhoven and Inter Milan.
Spurs lie fifth in the Premier League table with 18 points from eight matches.
- Barclays Bank to sponsor pros at Kenya OpenGolf 1 month ago
- Sterling hat-trick sends Man City four clear of LiverpoolFootball 1 month ago
- ‘Being rejected by foster family as a teenager fuelled my success’ – De BruyneFootball 1 week ago
- Lukaku makes huge transfer decision - Cristiano Ronaldo involvedFootball 1 month ago
- Klopp urges Salah to use teammate as inspirationPremier League 1 month ago
- Premier League Managers open to stopping matches to confront racist abuseFootball 3 weeks ago
- School games: Champions Sinyolo, Kisumu Day and Ambira complete easy winsHockey 1 month ago