Tottenham star ruled out until December due to injury
Tottenham Hotspur defender Jan Vertonghen will not return to action until December after suffering a hamstring injury, the Premier League club said on Thursday.
The 31-year-old Belgian centre back sustained the injury during 2-0 the league victory over Huddersfield Town last month.
Following medical assessment, the club confirmed Vertonghen will continue his recovery with a view to returning to action in about two months.
Vertonghen is set to miss league games against West Ham United, Manchester City, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Crystal Palace, Chelsea and Arsenal as well as Champions League group matches against PSV Eindhoven and Inter Milan.
Spurs lie fifth in the Premier League table with 18 points from eight matches.
- Find out why Barcelona are set to distance themselves from Ronaldinho and RivaldoFootball 5 hours ago
- Paul Scholes blasts ‘moaning’ MourinhoPremier League 9 hours ago
- Germany on the brink of UEFA Nations League relegation Football 9 hours ago
- ‘Why I’m plotting Barcelona return…it’s all because of Mbappe' – NeymarFootball 3 hours ago
- Mourinho charged by FA Football 23 hours ago
- Njoroge served with warm Tea Fields titleGolf 1 day ago
- Kenya 3-0 Ethiopia: Pictures of DP Ruto celebrating wildly go viral Football 2 days ago