Hustler eyes Sh208 million SportPesa Mega Jackpot after huge win
A casual labourer living in Nairobi’s Lucky Summer estate last week won Sh1 million courtesy of SportPesa.
Morris Werunga won the money after placing a multi-bet. He is optimistic that he will soon win his first Mega Jackpot after three years of betting.
The 28-year old father of two boys, says he wants to try out his luck on the Mega Jackpot which currently stands at Sh208,733,619.
“I prefer a multi-bet because it allows me the option to pick whichever combination works for me. Though the current mega jackpot amount is too large to be ignored,” Werunga added.
Werunga correctly predicted the outcomes of 18 matches to surpass his previously highest win (Sh6,000) and pocket a cool one million.
“The most I have won before is Sh6,000,” he said, adding that, “I cannot explain how happy I am right now (having scooped 1 million). To some, this may not be a lot of money but I plan to use it wisely in order to change my life.”
To win Sportpesa Mega Jackpot, one has to correctly predict the outcomes of 17 select football matches picked weekly. Out of the only three times that this jackpot has been won since it was launched, two of these winners have hit it when it rose past Sh200 million.
Samuel Abisai, the man who made history by becoming the first winner in the country to win over Sh200 million in betting, took home Sh221,301,602 on May 1, 2017.
Three weeks later, a 60-year old teacher Florence Machogu shared the spoils with two other winners Geoffrey Keitany, 30, and Daniel Rono when the trio correctly predicted the outcomes of the Mega Jackpot games. The amount then was at Sh111 million, meaning each took home Sh37, 058,791.
Kibera man Gordon Ogada still stands the winner of the highest amount after pocketing Sh230, 742,881 in February 2018.
- Kabras face Impala test in crunch Kenya Cup tieRugby 2 months ago
- Kariobangi Sharks beat Ulinzi Stars in Kasarani StadiumFootball 1 week ago
- Western Stima switch off Homeboyz to go topFootball 2 months ago
- Where are the elders to help guide us back to the real spirit of golf?Golf 4 weeks ago
- Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri has spoken about his future after they were thrashed 6-0 by Man CityFootball 1 week ago
- Gor Mahia in ‘Group of Death’ with ZamalekFootball 1 month ago
- Athletics: Kipserem shines in Abu Dhabi MarathonAthletics 2 months ago