Athletics: Kinyua appointed Meru Sports Council chief
After being cleared by the IAAF of any wrong doing, the Athletics Kenya (AK) former treasurer has been appointed to head Sports Council in Meru.
Joseph Kinyua, who is the AK Eastern branch chairman, has been appointed Meru County Sports Council chairman in a gazette notice 9375 of the County Government Act issued by Governor Kiraitu Murungi.
Kinyua will serve in the board with Olympic great Douglas Wakiihuri, Football Kenya Federation (FKF) Eastern National Executive committee (Nec) representative Timothy Muriithi Nabea, Ngechu Julius Nguthari, Francis Muchiri, Nancy Kawira Silas while Meru County Government Chief Sports Officer Mercy Ndiira will serve as the council’s secretary.
The council shall advise the county’s executive committee for sports on matters relating to development, promotion and co-ordination of all forms of amateur and professional sports and encourage the private sector investments. [Jonathan Komen]
- SHUT IT! Man United players share clips of legends’ mistakesPremier League 1 hour ago
- Njoroge served with warm Tea Fields titleGolf 2 days ago
- E. Guinea thrown out, H. Starlets qualifyFootball 9 hours ago
- Mourinho sends powerful message to Herrera and Mata about their future at Old Trafford Football 1 day ago
- Why Harambee Stars have not received Sh50 million despite 3-0 win over Ethiopia Football 3 days ago
- Champagne on ice: Why AFCON qualification is Harambee Stars’ to loseFootball 2 days ago
- KICOSCA: Uasin Gishu out to defend volleyball title Sports 2 months ago