Jurgen Klopp responds to Jose Mourinho's jibes after beating Leicester
Jurgen Klopp laughed off jibes from Jose Mourinho after Liverpool's 2-1 win at Leicester on Saturday afternoon.
First-half goals from Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino proved enough for the Reds at the King Power Stadium, with the visitors surviving to earn three points despite an Alisson error paving the way for Rachid Ghezzal to halve the deficit.
And after the game, Klopp was asked about Mourinho's comments at his Friday press conference when he praised his own record and seemed to hint that he should get more respect than managers such as Klopp because the German hasn't won a trophy outside of his own country.
When asked if he needed to win the league to be afforded more respect, Mourinho said: "Do you ask that question to the manager that finished third in the Premier League or fourth?"
It was then put to the United boss that Klopp doesn't feel the need to proclaim himself as great, to which he responded: "Because he never wins anything in international football for example. That’s his problem, I tell you what I think, how he feels. And I answer you the question."
"What? What did he say?" Now I'm interested," was his response when asked about Mourinho, before it was explained to him what the United boss said.
"He's right," he replied.
"I don't watch Jose Mourinho press conferences, should I? When he said I haven't won anything outside of Germany he's right. That's easy to see."
Klopp has yet to win a trophy in almost three years at Liverpool, with his side finishing as runners-up in the League Cup, Europa League and Champions League.
He won two Bundesliga titles and the German Cup with former club Borussia Dortmund.
- Why Chelsea will be forced to make tough changes in the Europa LeaguePremier League 2 hours ago
- Alexis Sanchez dubbed 'Manchester United's worst signing in years'Premier League 5 hours ago
- Police target double victories: Defending champions long to narrow 12-point gap with league leaders Butali Sugar WarriorsHockey 1 day ago
- Kenyan female athlete threatens to expose senior athletics federation officialAthletics 3 hours ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Man United and Arsenal fight over German wonderkid dubbed the ‘new Kroos’Football 4 hours ago
- BOXING: Joshua KOs Povetkin in seventh round to retain world heavyweight titlesBoxing 5 hours ago
- How football clubs can do more to help players battling depressionSports 39 minutes ago