Chelsea respond to claims Abramovich wants to sell the club
Chelsea Football Club has responded to reports claiming owner Roman Abramovich is considering selling the club.
A report published on The Times claimed the Russian, through club directors, was seeking more than two billion pounds to sell the West London club and had acquired the services of a specialist to help broker the sale.
According to an article published on one of UK's sports outlets The Guardian on Sunday, August 26, Chelsea have distanced themselves from the claims and that the club will not be for sale anytime soon.
A club insider, who is said to have spoken to The Guardian revealed Abramovich was nowhere near considering selling the club.
Abramovich bought Chelsea 15 years ago and has played a huge part in their successful campaigns – Five Premier Leagues, one Champions League and five FA cups. Under him, they have also won the Europa League.
- Police target double victories: Defending champions long to narrow 12-point gap with league leaders Butali Sugar WarriorsHockey 1 day ago
- Sofapaka renew rivalry with Ingwe at KasaraniFootball 11 hours ago
- BOXING: Joshua KOs Povetkin in seventh round to retain world heavyweight titlesBoxing 56 minutes ago
- Kenya Open: Kibet and Okutoyi win Kenya Open titlesTennis 11 hours ago
- Kane scores as Tottenham return to winning ways with 2-1 win over BrightonFootball 13 hours ago
- World Cup star Luka Modric accepts eight-month prison sentencePremier League 22 hours ago
- Pogba’s Man United future in fresh doubt as Barcelona plan 'full-scale assault' Premier League 1 day ago