Deejays tackle Mean Machine and Menengai Oilers in Group A
Run-away National Sevens Circuit leaders Homeboyz will be seeking a fourth straight tournament win as they battle at the Driftwood Sevens tournament at Mombasa Sports Club this weekend.
The in-form Deejays, who have won 17 out of 18 matches on the circuit this season, headline Group A which also has University of Nairobi’s Mean Machine, Menengai Oilers and hosts Regional Logistics Mombasa.
Paul Murunga's men are on course to reclaiming the title they lost to Kabras Sugar last year.
They have so far lifted the Prinsloo, Sepetuka and last weekend’s Kabeberi in Machakos to take their points tally to 66. Mwamba and Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) are second and third with 51 and 49 points.
Captain Leonard Mugaisi will be leading a strong side that has top try scorer Mark Wandetto (23) alongside Alvin Atieno, Charles Omondi and Johnstone Olindi.
The quintet was instrumental in last weekend’s 19-7 Kabeberi Sevens victory over Nakuru at the Kenyatta Stadium.
Nakuru, beaten finalists at the Kabeberi Sevens, are in Group B alongside Kenyatta University’s Blak Blad, Kisii and Kisumu.
Former champions KCB will battle it out with Kabras Sugar, Strathmore and Impala in Group C. Group D comprises of Kenya Harlequin, Mwamba, Nondescripts and Makueni.
Meanwhile, the under-fire Wallabies presented a bullish face in Auckland yesterday on the eve of the second Test despite the All Blacks being on the verge of claiming the Bledisloe Cup for a 16th consecutive year.
"Our backs are not against the wall," insisted captain Michael Hooper when questioned about New Zealand's dominant 38-13 win in the opening match in Sydney last week.
"We believe in our shape, we believe in what we can do... the mindset's confident, the mindset understands what we need to do to be a contending team all the time."
The All Blacks' win in Sydney put them one up in the best-of-three series.
- Revealed! Why athletes put grass on their hair during racesAthletics 1 day ago
- Juventus 'hold Paul Pogba talks' Football 1 day ago
- Arsenal fans receive BAD NEWS on Welbeck’s injuryFootball 4 hours ago
- Manchester United accidentally ‘announce’ transfer of goalkeeper [Photos]Football 10 hours ago
- PSG confirm Neymar and Kylian Mbappe injuries ahead of Liverpool clashFootball 33 minutes ago
- Kenya Simbas ready to roar againRugby 22 hours ago
- Kimanzi: Emerging Stars coach says his side can make Olympic historyFootball 22 hours ago