Real, Atletico prepare bids for Chelsea stars
If reports from Europe’s top news outlets are anything to go by, record-breaking Champions League winners Real Madrid are prepared to bid one last time for Chelsea’s Eden Hazard before the Spanish transfer window closes.
Reports also indicate 2018 Super Cup winners Atletico Madrid are interested in left-back Marcos Alonso.
Even though Chelsea have insisted on not letting go of the Belgium captain, Los Blancos may not be easily put off for the simple reason of wanting to replace club legend Cristiano Ronaldo.
Hazard still has two years left on his contract – reason enough for Madrid to create interest in him now as part of a future plan to make him a Galactico.
Reports also suggest Chelsea are set to offer Hazard a new bumper contract worth 300,000 euros a week.
However, if the 27-year-old does not accept the contract, Chelsea will have no option but to sell him like they did with goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, who run down his contract at Stamford Bridge before moving to the Bernabeau.
With Paris St Germain apparently eyeing Brazilian left-back Filipe Luis, Chelsea will have to hold on tight and fend off any attempt by Atletico to sign Alonso.
- Afcon qualification campaign back on track after Kenya beats Ethiopia 3-0 Football 19 hours ago
- Kenya vs Ethiopia: Moments of tension between police and fans as Nyamweya calls for safetyFootball 21 hours ago
- Kenya 3- 0 Ethiopia: Bravo Harambee Stars, you did the country proud Football 19 hours ago
- Kenyans throng Kasarani ahead of Kenya vs Ethiopia showdownFootball 1 day ago
- How each player rated against Ethiopia yesterdayFootball 3 hours ago
- Hockey: Amira share spoils with JKUAT in City ParkHockey 1 day ago
- Kasarani proves too small as fans locked outFootball 1 hour ago