Real, Atletico prepare bids for Chelsea stars
If reports from Europe’s top news outlets are anything to go by, record-breaking Champions League winners Real Madrid are prepared to bid one last time for Chelsea’s Eden Hazard before the Spanish transfer window closes.
Reports also indicate 2018 Super Cup winners Atletico Madrid are interested in left-back Marcos Alonso.
Even though Chelsea have insisted on not letting go of the Belgium captain, Los Blancos may not be easily put off for the simple reason of wanting to replace club legend Cristiano Ronaldo.
Hazard still has two years left on his contract – reason enough for Madrid to create interest in him now as part of a future plan to make him a Galactico.
Reports also suggest Chelsea are set to offer Hazard a new bumper contract worth 300,000 euros a week.
However, if the 27-year-old does not accept the contract, Chelsea will have no option but to sell him like they did with goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, who run down his contract at Stamford Bridge before moving to the Bernabeau.
With Paris St Germain apparently eyeing Brazilian left-back Filipe Luis, Chelsea will have to hold on tight and fend off any attempt by Atletico to sign Alonso.
- Raheem Sterling's England's best player on and off the pitchFootball 4 weeks ago
- Lukaku makes huge transfer decision - Cristiano Ronaldo involvedFootball 1 month ago
- Mariga sinks two rare birdies at Sea-Link, Kimemia rules Muthaiga courseGolf 1 month ago
- Why Gor Mahia need a ‘miracle’ tonightFootball 6 days ago
- Ex-Man United boss Louis van Gaal retiresFootball 1 month ago
- Man City star spotted in night club at 3:30 am - hours before Premier League match [Photos]Premier League 2 weeks ago
- Two things I still want to achieve in football – MourinhoFootball 3 weeks ago