Real, Atletico prepare bids for Chelsea stars
If reports from Europe’s top news outlets are anything to go by, record-breaking Champions League winners Real Madrid are prepared to bid one last time for Chelsea’s Eden Hazard before the Spanish transfer window closes.
Reports also indicate 2018 Super Cup winners Atletico Madrid are interested in left-back Marcos Alonso.
Even though Chelsea have insisted on not letting go of the Belgium captain, Los Blancos may not be easily put off for the simple reason of wanting to replace club legend Cristiano Ronaldo.
Hazard still has two years left on his contract – reason enough for Madrid to create interest in him now as part of a future plan to make him a Galactico.
Reports also suggest Chelsea are set to offer Hazard a new bumper contract worth 300,000 euros a week.
However, if the 27-year-old does not accept the contract, Chelsea will have no option but to sell him like they did with goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, who run down his contract at Stamford Bridge before moving to the Bernabeau.
With Paris St Germain apparently eyeing Brazilian left-back Filipe Luis, Chelsea will have to hold on tight and fend off any attempt by Atletico to sign Alonso.
- Mourinho FINALLY reveals why they were beaten by Liverpool Football 8 hours ago
- Muhammad Ali’s son: I expected to inherit Sh516m after my father’s death, now I’m surviving on less than Sh700 a dayBoxing 1 day ago
- View Starting Lineups - Liverpool vs Man Utd at 7pmFootball 1 day ago
- Football: How Kenyans left others hurting in Copa tournamentFootball 20 hours ago
- Mourinho explains why he benched Pogba during Man United's 3-1 loss at AnfieldFootball 7 hours ago
- Liverpool are the 'lucky ones' moans MourinhoFootball 1 day ago
- LaLiga star suffers stroke, rushed to hospitalFootball 1 month ago