Kenyan runner Kipyegon Bett charged with doping offence
Kenyan runner Kipyegon Bett has been charged with evading a doping test.
The Athletics Integrity Unit, which deals with doping cases for the IAAF has accused Bett of "refusing or failing to submit to sample collection," without giving further details.
Bett’s charge carries a ban of up to four years.
AIU has not specified when the alleged offense occurred.
Kipyegon Bett’s suspension comes barely two weeks after fellow athlete Lucy Kabuu was handed a temporary suspension after her samples showed presence of morphine which is a prohibited substance under the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) list.
- Basketball: KPA’s trip to Tanzania in doubtBasketball 2 hours ago
- Champions League: Late Firmino strike gives Liverpool 3-2 win over PSGFootball 2 hours ago
- Athletics: Kinyua appointed Meru Sports Council chiefAthletics 2 hours ago
- Gladys Cherono wins women race at the Berlin MarathonAthletics 2 days ago
- Arsenal’s Mustafi could be fined for making ‘political gesture’ while celebrating goalPremier League 2 weeks ago
- Eliud Kipchoge breaks world record Athletics 2 days ago
- Kabaddi: Kasarani set to host African QualifiersSports 2 hours ago