Pogba explains why he quarreled with Sanchez during their Premier League opener
Paul Pogba and Alexis Sanchez on Friday argued over who should take a penalty kick during their 2-1 win over Leicester City thanks to goals from both Pogba and Luke Shaw.
The two players were seen quarreling over who should take the spot-kick, which was won just minutes into their Premier League opener at Old Trafford.
After a few moments, Sanchez tried to convince Pogba to hand him the ball, but the World Cup winner refused to stand down.
And after a brief conversation with Sanchez, Pogba placed the ball on the spot and stepped up to bury the spot kick into the roof of the net to put Manchester United 1-0 up.
Asked about the conversation with Sanchez by Sky Sports , Pogba explained: "We don't really have one [a designated penalty taker]. The manager has names but after, it’s how we feel.
"I decided to take it, I was one of the names and in the next game, I can leave it to Alexis, it's not a problem. It is just the win that is the most important."
- New FIFA ranking revealed after World Cup World Cup 2018 1 hour ago
- Golf: Kenya launches Safari Tour series in preparation for the Kenya Open ChampionshipGolf 1 day ago
- “Please stay! Don't go ”- Mourinho tells two Manchester United starsPremier League 1 day ago
- Manchester United star set to pen mega deal and make him one of best paid ever Football 2 days ago
- Manchester United striker leaves club on season-long loanPremier League 3 days ago
- Sergio Ramos attacks Cristiano RonaldoFootball 1 day ago
- Arsenal manager Emery explains why they were beaten 2-0 by Manchester CityPremier League 3 days ago