Former 400M world champion Nicholas Bett is dead
Eldoret, Kenya: Former 400 meters hurdles world champion Nicholas Bett has died in a road accident in Lessos, Nandi County. The family and Nandi police boss Patrick Wambani have confirmed.
The athlete is said to have lost control of his vehicle which rolled along the Eldoret-Kapsabet road.
Police boss Patrick Wambani said Bett was driving home from Nairobi after returning from Nigeria where he participated in the just-concluded African Athletics Championships.
In 2015 Nicholas Bett became the first Kenyan to win a gold in hurdles during the world competition that was held in Beijing, China.
- Watford 0-1 Arsenal: Gunners head into Premier League top fourFootball 1 month ago
- Boxing: Why Jarrell Miller will avoid ban for his failed drugs testsBoxing 3 weeks ago
- Football: Solskjaer issues fitness warning to Man United flopsFootball 1 week ago
- Semenya: I will not take medication to lower my testosterone levelsAthletics 2 weeks ago
- UCL: Liverpool fans accuse Messi of moving ball forward before free-kickFootball 2 weeks ago
- Trump awards Tiger Woods Presidential Medal of FreedomGolf 1 week ago
- Manchester United condemn racist abuse of defenderFootball 1 month ago