Former 400M world champion Nicholas Bett is dead
Eldoret, Kenya: Former 400 meters hurdles world champion Nicholas Bett has died in a road accident in Lessos, Nandi County. The family and Nandi police boss Patrick Wambani have confirmed.
The athlete is said to have lost control of his vehicle which rolled along the Eldoret-Kapsabet road.
Police boss Patrick Wambani said Bett was driving home from Nairobi after returning from Nigeria where he participated in the just-concluded African Athletics Championships.
In 2015 Nicholas Bett became the first Kenyan to win a gold in hurdles during the world competition that was held in Beijing, China.
- SportPesa jackpot winner’s identity revealedSports 10 hours ago
- Athlete Chemtai left in tears after making bizarre mistake in 5000m final Athletics 1 day ago
- WWE legend is deadSports 1 day ago
- Arsenal manager Emery explains why they were beaten 2-0 by Manchester CityPremier League 1 day ago
- Manchester United star set to pen mega deal and make him one of best paid ever Football 12 hours ago
- Tottenham forced to delay opening of new stadiumPremier League 22 hours ago
- Chelsea star: I would have left Chelsea if Conte had remained in charge Premier League 1 day ago