Former 400M world champion Nicholas Bett is dead
Eldoret, Kenya: Former 400 meters hurdles world champion Nicholas Bett has died in a road accident in Lessos, Nandi County. The family and Nandi police boss Patrick Wambani have confirmed.
The athlete is said to have lost control of his vehicle which rolled along the Eldoret-Kapsabet road.
Police boss Patrick Wambani said Bett was driving home from Nairobi after returning from Nigeria where he participated in the just-concluded African Athletics Championships.
In 2015 Nicholas Bett became the first Kenyan to win a gold in hurdles during the world competition that was held in Beijing, China.
- Simiyu maintains cool to retain Mashujaa Day titleGolf 1 day ago
- Why Harambee Stars have not received Sh50 million despite 3-0 win over Ethiopia Football 1 week ago
- Former world boxing champion passes away after fatal road accident [Photos] Boxing 2 weeks ago
- FA say Wembley sale off after Khan withdraws offerFootball 5 days ago
- Liverpool manager Klopp provides Firmino's injury update after horror collisionFootball 1 month ago
- Manchester United move quick, rubbish Zidane speculationPremier League 3 weeks ago
- Chelsea's Sarri slams players for ditching gameplan in United drawFootball 1 day ago