Former 400M world champion Nicholas Bett is dead
Eldoret, Kenya: Former 400 meters hurdles world champion Nicholas Bett has died in a road accident in Lessos, Nandi County. The family and Nandi police boss Patrick Wambani have confirmed.
The athlete is said to have lost control of his vehicle which rolled along the Eldoret-Kapsabet road.
Police boss Patrick Wambani said Bett was driving home from Nairobi after returning from Nigeria where he participated in the just-concluded African Athletics Championships.
In 2015 Nicholas Bett became the first Kenyan to win a gold in hurdles during the world competition that was held in Beijing, China.
- James Odu Cobra: Gone but not forgottenFootball 1 day ago
- Serena Williams ‘Woman’ of The Year GQ cover sparks controversyTennis 2 months ago
- Sir Alex Ferguson 'banned' from Old Trafford for Manchester United matchFootball 1 month ago
- View the latest EPL table after Arsenal beat Chelsea 2-0Football 5 hours ago
- How to please a golfer this ChristmasGolf 1 month ago
- Liverpool star ruled out for six weeksFootball 1 month ago
- Dennis the Menace is backFootball 4 hours ago