Will Nakumatt end Gor Mahia's unbeaten run?
Sofapaka, Ulinzi Stars clash in Narok as AFC Leopards host Mathare.
There are still ten matches remaining before the end of the 2018 SportPesa Premier League season, but the general consensus seems to be that the title race is already over.
Even as run-away league leaders Gor Mahia take on unpredictable Nakumatt in Machakos today, the 12th placed side are unlikely to stop the magical back-to-back title charge by the unbeaten record champions.
Though facing a congested fixture schedule, Gor, who have three games in hand, went 15-point clear after a convincing 3-0 mid-week victory over Kariobangi Sharks in Kisumu.
K’Ogalo seems to be in a class of their own and a win today would move them closer to yet another invincible year.
As Gor will be aiming to extend their unbeaten run to 22 matches, Mido Melis’ men will be hoping to either avenge the 4-0 first leg defeat or minimize the score-line.
But Gor coach Dylan Kerr is more concerned with his side’s in-efficient finishing than setting league records.
“I have got faith in my players, but we need to be better at finishing; the chances we are missing are many. The players should be angry for goals. I would be more concerned if we don’t create scoring chances, but we need to finish them,” Kerr told The Standard Sports.
However, the highlight of the weekend will be tomorrow’s match between second-placed Sofapaka against Ulinzi Stars in Narok.
AFC Leopards will also host Mathare United in an equally explosive tie in Machakos. The 4.15pm fixture will be preceded by an early clash between Kariobangi Sharks and Wazito. In today’s matches, former champions Tusker face a tricky trip to Kakamega
- Why Ronaldo went home a sad man after loss to Man United – JuventusFootball 6 days ago
- Nakumatt tax Ushuru in battle for KPL slotFootball 4 weeks ago
- Nations Cup qualifiers: Kenya’s youngsters seek to finish job in Mauritius todayFootball 16 hours ago
- Pogba’s latest statement leaves Man United fans excited worldwidePremier League 4 days ago
- Teams to battle for Kenya Volleyball Federation league title national confirmedVolleyball and Handball 4 weeks ago
- Man City star Mendy savagely replies to Donald Trump’s tweetGossip & Rumours 3 days ago
- VAR to be used in Premier LeagueFootball 2 days ago