Will Nakumatt end Gor Mahia's unbeaten run?
Sofapaka, Ulinzi Stars clash in Narok as AFC Leopards host Mathare.
There are still ten matches remaining before the end of the 2018 SportPesa Premier League season, but the general consensus seems to be that the title race is already over.
Even as run-away league leaders Gor Mahia take on unpredictable Nakumatt in Machakos today, the 12th placed side are unlikely to stop the magical back-to-back title charge by the unbeaten record champions.
Though facing a congested fixture schedule, Gor, who have three games in hand, went 15-point clear after a convincing 3-0 mid-week victory over Kariobangi Sharks in Kisumu.
K’Ogalo seems to be in a class of their own and a win today would move them closer to yet another invincible year.
As Gor will be aiming to extend their unbeaten run to 22 matches, Mido Melis’ men will be hoping to either avenge the 4-0 first leg defeat or minimize the score-line.
But Gor coach Dylan Kerr is more concerned with his side’s in-efficient finishing than setting league records.
“I have got faith in my players, but we need to be better at finishing; the chances we are missing are many. The players should be angry for goals. I would be more concerned if we don’t create scoring chances, but we need to finish them,” Kerr told The Standard Sports.
However, the highlight of the weekend will be tomorrow’s match between second-placed Sofapaka against Ulinzi Stars in Narok.
AFC Leopards will also host Mathare United in an equally explosive tie in Machakos. The 4.15pm fixture will be preceded by an early clash between Kariobangi Sharks and Wazito. In today’s matches, former champions Tusker face a tricky trip to Kakamega
- Liverpool slip up again at West Ham to hand Man City lifelineFootball 1 week ago
- Arsene Wenger set for return to football with four offers on the tableFootball 1 week ago
- Liverpool striker facing lengthy ban after reports that he placed a bet Football 2 months ago
- Zetech register mixed results in varsity leagueBasketball 1 week ago
- De Gea standing his ground and refusing to end contract stand-off with Manchester United chiefsFootball 1 week ago
- Dennis Oliech finally finds his scoring boots [Photos] Football 1 month ago
- Young swimmers shine at Nairobi meetSports 1 week ago