Paul Scholes uses Guardiola to hit out at Mourinho
Paul Scholes has claimed that Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola would ‘hate’ the style of football that Jose Mourinho has portrayed at Manchester United.
The Red Devils went through last season without any trophy in their cabinet and Paul Scholes believes that it was a disappointing season for United.
According to Metro, Scholes who has been a heavy critic of Mourinho suggests that Guardiola has outclassed the Portuguese manager since his arrival in the Premier League.
However, many Man United fans will argue that Mourinho has done what other predecessors of Sir Alex Ferguson failed to do and should be given credit.
‘Last year was a disappointing year. You don’t have any divine right to win a trophy, I know that, but the way they performed in the league wasn’t at the standard required,’ Scholes told beIN SPORTS.
‘They got beaten by Sevilla in the Champions League who are a poor team. Yes, they got to the final of the FA Cup, but every year that Manchester United don’t win something is a disaster, and that will carry on.
‘As a football person, if you’re a coach and you see your team playing – he may be happy with the style of play.
‘‘It’s a team who grind out results rather than really impresses you. That’s probably what he is happy with, that’s where he has been at his best over the years.
‘If Guardiola was the manager of Manchester United he would hate what he was seeing – and it would be different.
‘But, the most important thing to him is results, he will be judged on that.’ He added
- Rugby: Kenya drops in global rankings after Canada thrashingRugby 10 hours ago
- Emerging Stars: Under 23 side hosts Mauritius at Kasarani todayFootball 10 hours ago
- Pogba’s latest statement leaves Man United fans excited worldwidePremier League 27 minutes ago
- Bandari back from Zanzibar tripFootball 10 hours ago
- Why Alexis Sanchez only speaks to three Manchester United team-matesFootball 2 days ago
- Athletics: Chespol shortlisted for IAAF awardAthletics 10 hours ago
- Kabutha wins Standard Classic golfGolf 2 days ago