Dejan Lovren was the talk of England fans during the World Cup 2018 semi-final
England's World Cup semi-final against Croatia was always going to be on a knife-edge, and it seemed as though one player took that to heart.
After Kieran Trippier's free-kick gave the Three Lions the lead in Moscow , Gareth Southgate's side pressed and pressed for the second goal, only for it not to arrive.
And one of the key reasons for that was the Croatia defender Dejan Lovren, who of course is familiar to England fans from Liverpool.
And it's fair to say that those fans weren't too happy with what Lovren was up to
Walker holds the ball: Gets booked— Footy Accumulators (@FootyAccums) July 11, 2018
Lovren holds the ball: Doesnt get booked pic.twitter.com/mkIFvMkswf
lovren went to the same witch doctor as casemiro and got a card protection talisman i see — A West (@ayyy_west) July 11, 2018
- Two France fans die in Moscow during violent World Cup celebrationWorld Cup 2018 2 hours ago
- France 4 - 2 Croatia: Identity of World Cup pitch invaders REVEALEDWorld Cup 2018 16 hours ago
- France beat Croatia to win 2018 Fifa World Cup in MoscowWorld Cup 2018 16 hours ago
- France vs Croatia lineups as Fans arrive ahead of World Cup Final World Cup 2018 19 hours ago
- Football legends join Dalic in condemning referee decisions in World Cup finalWorld Cup 2018 1 hour ago
- Kenya tops medal table on the final day of World Athletics Under-20 ChampionshipsAthletics 11 hours ago
- World Cup focus now turns to QatarWorld Cup 2018 11 hours ago