Innocent Simiyu reinstated as Kenya 7s head coach
Innocent Simiyu has been reinstated as the Kenya Rugby Sevens nation team coach after mediation between the Ministry of Sports and Kenya Rugby Union.
Simiyu was sacked on Thursday night by the Kenya Rugby Union’s board four months to the end of his contract.
“We resolved; Innocent Simiyu to be reinstated as the head coach of the Shujaa national team. In future, the federation to be consulting with the ministry before such key and serious decisions are made,” read a statement from Sports CS Rashid Echesi.
The former national sevens and 15s teams captain is said to have taken full responsibility for the display that saw the playing unit blank out sponsor’s branding at the Paris Sevens a fortnight ago.
The sacking came hours after the Sh20 million Brand Kenya sponsorship deal with KRU was cancelled due to breach of contract.
- Kompany mocks Chelsea’s keeper Kepa after row with SarriFootball 3 weeks ago
- How Man United is fighting fire with fire against Barcelona managementFootball 7 hours ago
- Mourinho to get his own TV showFootball 1 month ago
- The lion under pressureFootball 1 week ago
- Asian Cup final: Qatar could make history if they beat JapanFootball 1 month ago
- How Solskjaer used Ronaldo to convince Martial to sign new dealPremier League 1 month ago
- Drama as a football fan becomes a match officialFootball 3 weeks ago