Asbel gives up on doping scandal
Three-time world 1,500m champion Asbel Kiprop yesterday said he would not defend himself against accusations that he doped.
He faces a potentially career-ending four-year ban after testing positive for the blood-boosting drug EPO in an out-of-competition test last November. He had vowed to clear his name before IAAF disciplinary panel in London on June 28.
Asbel said he would not fight the charges, blaming lack of financial and other support. "There is no point in putting up the fight to clear my name without the support of my managers, my federation and the government behind me."
- Former cleaner and ex-electrician face off at World CupWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Colombian pop star robbed valuables worth Shs 79m at World CupWorld Cup 2018 18 hours ago
- English star faces axe against Panama after disappointing performanceWorld Cup 2018 5 hours ago
- Senegal coach Cisse reveals secret weapon to victory over PolandWorld Cup 2018 7 hours ago
- VIDEOS: Song and dance as Portugal, Morocco fans bask in Luzhniki Stadium ahead of crucial matchWorld Cup 2018 4 hours ago
- Did you know this interesting fact about Senegal’s 23-man squad for World Cup?World Cup 2018 7 hours ago
- Arsenal midfield star to leave the club after 17 years of serviceFootball 7 hours ago