Handball: Omondi elected new ECHAF Secretary
Charles Omondi, the Kenya Handball Federation (KHF) fixtures secretary, has been elected as the new Secretary General for the East and Central Handball Federation(ECHAF) in elections held in Kampala Uganda last weekend.
Omondi takes over from his Kenyan counterpart Nderitu Gikaria, who is also the Secretary General for KHF and Chairman of the Kenya National Sports Council. Zanzibar’s Mussa Fadhil was elected as the vice Secretary General.
Dishon Shihundu, another Kenyan, was elected as the commissioner for coaches. Rwandese Paul Ngarambe is the President while Uganda’s Dan Musoke and Romain Mushid from Democratic Republic of Congo were elected as first and second Vice President respectively.
Ruth Kirwa from Tanzania was elected as the treasurer with Democratic Republic of Congo Sadu Sangwani voted as the referees’ commissioner. [Rebecca Jebet]
- Arsenal midfield star to leave the club after 17 years of serviceFootball 23 minutes ago
- Salah disappoints as Egypt crushed by RussiaFootball 11 hours ago
- Arsenal set to announce another new signing todayGossip & Rumours 21 hours ago
- Big shots set for epic clashAthletics 10 hours ago
- Man United fans want Mourinho to land top target after stellar World Cup displayWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Gor make light work of Wazito as Leopards scratch a winFootball 6 days ago
- Semenya challenges IAAF rules on hormonesAthletics 10 hours ago