Wilshere brilliant response after World Cup snub from England
Arsenal star Jack Wilshere has responded to being snubbed by Gareth Southgate with a brilliant tweet on his official twitter account.
Wilshere received the news on Tuesday through a phone call from the England manager. However, Southgate has not officially named his full squad but it is evident that the 26-year-old will not be among the 23 players that are set to be named today.
The Three Lions boss has a problem with Jack’s fitness levels and would not risk to include him for this important tournament. Wilshere has struggled with staying out of injuries during his career but was an important player for Arsenal this season managing 38 appearances in all competition.
Upon hearing the news, one tweeter user namely Will Palacios jokingly asked him to join him for a trip to Zante this summer. Wilshere responded by telling Palacios to let him know the dates.
Can i bring the baby aswell? https://t.co/fWLpEGZgB6— Jack Wilshere (@JackWilshere) May 16, 2018
Wilshere was part of the squad named for friendlies against Holland and Italy in March but played no part in either and rather returned home after suffering an ankle injury.
- 'Passion, belief and discipline': He is an avid reader and motivational speaker on investmentAthletics 2 hours ago
- Boost for school games: Participants urged to take the games seriously and use their talent to benefitSports 2 hours ago
- Eliud Kipchoge eight step recipe to success: Kipchoge has studied famous philosophers Aristotle and PlatoAthletics 2 hours ago
- Champions League final line-ups: Real Madrid vs Liverpool at 9:45pm on KTN HomeFootball 5 hours ago
- PHOTOS: Liverpool fans attacked by hooligans ahead of Champions League finalFootball 12 hours ago
- How Messi talked Griezmann into joining Barcelona as Frenchman closes in on moveGossip & Rumours 6 days ago
- Swimming: Aga Khan dominate junior swim galaSports 4 weeks ago