Wilshere brilliant response after World Cup snub from England
Arsenal star Jack Wilshere has responded to being snubbed by Gareth Southgate with a brilliant tweet on his official twitter account.
Wilshere received the news on Tuesday through a phone call from the England manager. However, Southgate has not officially named his full squad but it is evident that the 26-year-old will not be among the 23 players that are set to be named today.
The Three Lions boss has a problem with Jack’s fitness levels and would not risk to include him for this important tournament. Wilshere has struggled with staying out of injuries during his career but was an important player for Arsenal this season managing 38 appearances in all competition.
Upon hearing the news, one tweeter user namely Will Palacios jokingly asked him to join him for a trip to Zante this summer. Wilshere responded by telling Palacios to let him know the dates.
Can i bring the baby aswell? https://t.co/fWLpEGZgB6— Jack Wilshere (@JackWilshere) May 16, 2018
Wilshere was part of the squad named for friendlies against Holland and Italy in March but played no part in either and rather returned home after suffering an ankle injury.
- Two France fans die in Moscow during violent World Cup celebrationWorld Cup 2018 6 hours ago
- Manchester United set to sign Croatia starFootball 3 hours ago
- France 4 - 2 Croatia: Identity of World Cup pitch invaders REVEALEDWorld Cup 2018 19 hours ago
- Football legends join Dalic in condemning referee decisions in World Cup finalWorld Cup 2018 4 hours ago
- France beat Croatia to win 2018 Fifa World Cup in MoscowWorld Cup 2018 20 hours ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo 'wanted to go elsewhere' but had to settle for Juventus Football 3 hours ago
- France vs Croatia lineups as Fans arrive ahead of World Cup Final World Cup 2018 22 hours ago