Chelsea given a week ultimatum to sign “smoking boss” on the cheap
Chelsea have been told they have just seven days to lure Maurizio Sarri to Stamford Bridge - or they face a massive fee.
Napoli boss Sarri has been heavily linked with a move to west London, with Antonio Conte expected to depart the Blues this summer.
The 59-year-old has an £7million release clause in his Napoli contract - but it runs out on May 22, according to Sky Sports Italia.
If the Blues, who are yet to dismiss Conte, wait until after that date then they are likely to be require to pay the Serie A side a much larger amount in compensation.
Arsenal, Zenit St Petersburg and Borussia Dortmund are also keeping an eye on the situation.
Sarri has previously told his Napoli’s President Aurelio Di Laurentiis to fire him if he is not happy with his work.
He said: “If the president is happy, good, if he is not happy, I’m sorry, and he can always take to the exit option he has. If he calls me, I will calmly talk about it.
- VAR to be used in Premier LeagueFootball 50 minutes ago
- Man City star Mendy savagely replies to Donald Trump’s tweetGossip & Rumours 6 hours ago
- Wenger puts PSG under pressure and he makes final January 1st demandFootball 7 hours ago
- Mourinho gives up on three signings as Man United move to block January transfersPremier League 4 hours ago
- Arsene Wenger rejected Fulham before they turned to RanieriPremier League 9 hours ago
- Thunder strike Equity BankBasketball 18 hours ago
- Chelsea among FIVE Premier League clubs facing banPremier League 10 hours ago