Chelsea given a week ultimatum to sign “smoking boss” on the cheap
Chelsea have been told they have just seven days to lure Maurizio Sarri to Stamford Bridge - or they face a massive fee.
Napoli boss Sarri has been heavily linked with a move to west London, with Antonio Conte expected to depart the Blues this summer.
The 59-year-old has an £7million release clause in his Napoli contract - but it runs out on May 22, according to Sky Sports Italia.
If the Blues, who are yet to dismiss Conte, wait until after that date then they are likely to be require to pay the Serie A side a much larger amount in compensation.
Arsenal, Zenit St Petersburg and Borussia Dortmund are also keeping an eye on the situation.
Sarri has previously told his Napoli’s President Aurelio Di Laurentiis to fire him if he is not happy with his work.
He said: “If the president is happy, good, if he is not happy, I’m sorry, and he can always take to the exit option he has. If he calls me, I will calmly talk about it.
- Champions League Group A: Atletico shake off domestic woes to clinch comeback win at MonacoFootball 4 hours ago
- Champions League: Late Firmino strike gives Liverpool 3-2 win over PSGFootball 4 hours ago
- Basketball: KPA’s trip to Tanzania in doubtBasketball 4 hours ago
- Sh1.1m raised for noble cause: Chebii swings to victory as Weru registers maiden course Hole-in-OneGolf 1 day ago
- Motorsport: Weekend Hill Climb competition postponed due to unforeseen reasonsSports 5 hours ago
- Eliud Kipchoge breaks world record Athletics 2 days ago
- Pogba makes bizarre admission why they were beaten 3-2 by BrightonFootball 1 month ago